Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherokee29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this thread later will read it properly,I have lost a lot of weight and still have a lot to go.So it will be nice to join in here.and not feel on my own.Well done to you all.Catch you later cheers
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up spurs! I'm facing a battle like you but so far have only managed about 20 lbs (and that's from being sick from medication).

That being said, splurged on pizza last night --- but between snowstorms, working overtime and driving up to hospital to see my mother-in-law, there wasn't time to cook. Laughing

My new exercise trick.... I bought a Dancing With the Stars video game and dance pad for the PS2. I've never bought a video game for that thing, but decided to try this and it's hilarious! You really work up a sweat! I've no preconceived ideas that I'm going to become a professional dancer or anything like that.... but it's tons of fun (well, my husband and I have a good laugh when we try to do the steps!) Highly recommend it. I've heard it's like that Dance Dance Revolution if you're into that game at all.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Twirley wrote:
Wow - well done. Spurs! How did you manage it? I'm having trouble just trying to lose 20lbs.

Embarassed

Not to be a smart arse, but I followed the "eat less, move more" philosphy. I am using the Weight Watchers food plan, but I don't attend meetings, I do it all online. I must say that I have done all of that before with out any real results. The thing that really has done it for me is the exercise. I hired a trainer and I have to say she has probably added 10 or so years to my life. I know that not everyone can do that, but I figure I either spend it now on a trainer or it gets spent later for doctor bills or worse. In addition to the once a week workouts with my trainer, I either walk, or do my exercise dvds (Tai Bo and Pilates) and I have even started jogging!! I am what they (those "they" people) consider morbidly obese. I still have about 90lbs to lose, but I am well on my way. This is the most I have ever lost and am still very much into it. Normally by now, I would have lost interest. The other big thing is water, water, WATER! Now, I hate water, but I have forced myself to drink it and it really works wonders. The only downside is that I know every toilet within a 20 mile radius of my house! I think it is finally habit now to eat healthily. I don't subscribe to the "don't ever eat such and such a food again" theory, in fact I had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner tonight. but I know I will have to work out extra hard today and tomorrow to work it off. I love having a brand new wardrobe in my closet...all that stuff that didn't fit before!!!

Okay, I guess that's it. I am so sporadic in my exercise routine. I even have a room in the house that we call a gym (contains a cross-trainer, weights, bench, mat, and gym balls) but it doesn't get used to its max potential cos I have no sound system in there and I hate working out to no music. I'm not that great at running either but know I should walk more. A friend started the online WW and since I'm bad at serving up large portion sizes, maybe the discipline of points might work for me. I think because I only need to lose 20-25lbs that it should be easy but it ain't!

weights
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
Thanks! I will post a before and after when I am done next year.

Can't wait to see it lady! thumbs

I can't wait to be able to show it!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
Twirley wrote:
Wow - well done. Spurs! How did you manage it? I'm having trouble just trying to lose 20lbs.

Embarassed

Not to be a smart arse, but I followed the "eat less, move more" philosphy. I am using the Weight Watchers food plan, but I don't attend meetings, I do it all online. I must say that I have done all of that before with out any real results. The thing that really has done it for me is the exercise. I hired a trainer and I have to say she has probably added 10 or so years to my life. I know that not everyone can do that, but I figure I either spend it now on a trainer or it gets spent later for doctor bills or worse. In addition to the once a week workouts with my trainer, I either walk, or do my exercise dvds (Tai Bo and Pilates) and I have even started jogging!! I am what they (those "they" people) consider morbidly obese. I still have about 90lbs to lose, but I am well on my way. This is the most I have ever lost and am still very much into it. Normally by now, I would have lost interest. The other big thing is water, water, WATER! Now, I hate water, but I have forced myself to drink it and it really works wonders. The only downside is that I know every toilet within a 20 mile radius of my house! I think it is finally habit now to eat healthily. I don't subscribe to the "don't ever eat such and such a food again" theory, in fact I had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner tonight. but I know I will have to work out extra hard today and tomorrow to work it off. I love having a brand new wardrobe in my closet...all that stuff that didn't fit before!!!

Okay, I guess that's it. I am so sporadic in my exercise routine. I even have a room in the house that we call a gym (contains a cross-trainer, weights, bench, mat, and gym balls) but it doesn't get used to its max potential cos I have no sound system in there and I hate working out to no music. I'm not that great at running either but know I should walk more. A friend started the online WW and since I'm bad at serving up large portion sizes, maybe the discipline of points might work for me. I think because I only need to lose 20-25lbs that it should be easy but it ain't!

weights

Any weight loss takes hard work and you get alot more assistance and understanding when you have alot to lose. Those who have less sort of get the "only 20lbs? No problem..." kind of attitude from others and it can be just as hard.

Portions are weight loss killers. I try to weigh/measure everything. When I think that I can do it all by eyeballing it, that's when I know that I have to really get serious about it. It is amazing how big my 1/2 cup is compared to a real one!!

As far as the no music, do you have an iPod? Those are good for working out...just get the kind of ear buds that go over your ear if you are going to be doing alot of jumping around.
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one of the older original iPods that is a bit clunky for wearing while you work out...and my hubby mostly takes it to work. I'm hoping to get one of the newer smaller ones for Christmas...! (Keeping my fingers crossed.)

I do sometimes take the laptop in there and play from iTunes, but it would be so much more convenient to have a system that I cna just turn on as I walk in the room. I know! I know! Excuses! Excuses! Ha ha.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Keep it up spurs! I'm facing a battle like you but so far have only managed about 20 lbs (and that's from being sick from medication).

That being said, splurged on pizza last night --- but between snowstorms, working overtime and driving up to hospital to see my mother-in-law, there wasn't time to cook. Laughing

My new exercise trick.... I bought a Dancing With the Stars video game and dance pad for the PS2. I've never bought a video game for that thing, but decided to try this and it's hilarious! You really work up a sweat! I've no preconceived ideas that I'm going to become a professional dancer or anything like that.... but it's tons of fun (well, my husband and I have a good laugh when we try to do the steps!) Highly recommend it. I've heard it's like that Dance Dance Revolution if you're into that game at all.

Wow, what a great idea, eefan! I may have to look into that. Some of my Tai Bo dvds give me hard time because I can't string to steps together. Maybe that would help. Anything to keep me moving!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to say I have lost 15 pounds (a bit over 1 stone). I am still going strong. I've signed on for the fitness challenge at the Y and looking forward to it. I am doing lots of cardio is the big thing and eating right. Which, of course, is better than any of the fad diets that are out there.
I am hoping that by September (just in time for my birthday) I will be at my goal weight. I will treat myself to some new clothes then Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked out today for the first time in two weeks (I was in England for 5 days and then my trainer's child had her tonsils out) and I am already feeling the pain. I can just imagine what tomorrow is going to feel like! I had a small back slide (two weeks of gain - 3 lbs total) so I am fighting my way back to 50! I lost while in England (lots and lots of walking) and I lost this week so I am back on track. Just gotta keep reminding myself.. "I want that new tattoo, I want that new tattoo..."
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good work Spurs. I am sure you will be getting that ink!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Sky and Spurs!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks eefan! Boy am I SORE today. My water heater is leaking and I am waiting for the plumber to give me a call and schedule something, but once that is taken care of, I will probably go for a power walk just to make all of my muscles scream!! It is a good pain....
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, everyone sit down...I FINALLY hit 50lbs!!! I have been dancing around it for weeks now and I am finally there. What a boost. It really gives you A) a sense of accomplishment and B) incentive to go on. I have already called and left a message for my tattoo artist! Can't wait!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one spurs! That's as much as a sack of spuds! Are you gonna keep going?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCK ON SPURS! YOU GO GIRL! I am so happy and excited for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: