Corrie - Kate Ford gets dog's abuse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Corrie - Kate Ford gets dog's abuse Reply with quote

Coronation Street's Kate Ford has been subjected to abuse from fans of the show in recent weeks.

The actress admitted that she is shocked by the reaction of obsessive viewers who aren't able to tell the difference between fiction and reality. Her character Tracy Barlow killed lover Charlie Stubbs in a recent episode of the soap, after making friends and family believe that she was the victim of domestic violence.

"It's frightening - people think I'm a monster like Tracy," Kate told The People. "Everywhere I go people come up and say, 'Oh God, it's Tracy the killer' or call me a murdering bitch. On a train last week I sat at a table with four seats - but nobody would sit next to me even though the rest of the train was packed. I kept asking if they wanted to sit down but they just gave me a dirty look and walked off."

She added: "I can't wait to be liked again. People used to stop and ask me for autographs - now they just run a mile or hurl abuse at me."

--------------------
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness, that's an awful lot of wacky people. A whole train packed of people who can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty wacky, yes, but she should take it as a compliment to her acting ability. I love to hate her character, utterly devoid of endearing qualities.

I wish this thread included the word "spoiler" in the subject line. Didn't know that Tracy kills Charlie (although it does feel "right" for the show -- he was even more evil than Tracy).
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he died a week ago so is it classed as a spoiler?

I wish I was on the train I would have sat next to her, would have spoke to her like any other person and hoped she would treat me the same, I don't think celebrities are better than us and I don't hero worship any of them, I might fancy a few but I also fancy a few non celebs as well.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) to blame, as we're several months behind.

I would also have sat next to her -- a role is a role, no matter how well she plays it. Besides, I have trouble believing there are actually any people as terrible as Tracy in reality.

I wonder if Bobby Carlysle has similar reactions -- he's role in Trainspotting was pretty scary, not to mention his portrayal of Hitler.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
I wish this thread included the word "spoiler" in the subject line. Didn't know that Tracy kills Charlie (although it does feel "right" for the show -- he was even more evil than Tracy).

you need to remember that the "couchtrippers" can be watching the show within about an hour of broadcast, no matter where they are... I'll arrange access for you before long and then you can be as up to date as you like.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate Ford's soap nerves
'Coronation Street' actress Kate Ford was so nervous about returning to the streets of Weatherfield, her voice kept croaking on set.
25 January 2010

Kate Ford was so nervous about returning to 'Coronation Street', she started croaking on set. The 32-year-old star - who left the ITV1 show in 2007, when her character was sentenced to 15 years in prison - was terrified about her return as scheming murderess Tracy Barlow.

She explained: "I was really nervous in my first scene. I had this noise in my throat like a croak, because my mouth was really dry. The sound guy was like, 'I can hear that'. It was really loud!"

While she was anxious about her Weatherfield return, Kate had always hoped show bosses would have her back one day. She explained: "When I left, I said: 'Please don't kill me off!' I hoped I would return even though it was my decision to leave. People remember the storyline even now. I still get binmen shouting 'Hello Tracy!' when they see me. I wanted people to see Tracy as messed-up, not evil."

The next few weeks will see Kate's alter-ego allowed out of prison to attend her grandmother Blanche's funeral. This storyline was written after actress Maggie Jones, who played Blanche passed away unexpectedly in December. However, Kate has lots of great memories about the "feisty" actress.

She explained: "Maggie, bless her. I knew her really well. I worked with her every single day for five years and was really fond of her. She was a brilliant person, really feisty with a naughty sense of humour."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: