This horse walks into a pub...no, really!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: This horse walks into a pub...no, really! Reply with quote

Quote:
The new landlady of a Tyneside pub has spoken of her surprise at discovering that one of the regulars is a horse.
Jackie Gray recently took over the Alexandra Hotel in Jarrow and said she was shocked when carthorse Peggy joined owner Peter Dolan for a pint.

The 12-year-old female, which has a taste for John Smiths and pickled onion crisps, has apparently been visiting the pub for several years.

Mrs Gray was taken aback at first but says Peggy is no bother at all.

She said: "When I bought the pub a few weeks ago I heard rumours that one of the regulars was a horse but I didn't quite believe them.

"It was a hot day when the horse came in and I was shocked at first because I have never run a pub before."

Retired oil rigger Mr Dolan, 61, from Jarrow, bought Peggy six years ago and discovered her fondness for the pub when she followed him inside.

She had been tied up, but the rope was so long she was able to follow Mr Dolan right up to the bar.

He said: "Peggy's no bother at all. Most of the regulars know her as she's been coming in here for years and for them Peggy's a bit of a novelty. She's a proper lady."

From BBC News
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcomers to the pub would think they were drunk before they even walked into the door! What an odd thing!
Bat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This horse walks into a bar and the landlord says......................................No it's so old I can't finish it Embarassed
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
This horse walks into a bar and the landlord says......................................No it's so old I can't finish it Embarassed

....why the long face?
Bat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Bat wrote:

....why the long face?

I could have written that but as I said it's so old that it's embarrasing to repeat it anymore. You obviously don't care Cool
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that story is so cute awwww Smile It's good they allow the horse in.

It's kind of funny. I was telling faceless the nicknames I use to use for another site, and one of them was horseface. Of course I had to say 'why the long face' so you're not maycm. I've no shame either Razz
HandoGod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Just the subject title made me laugh. Thanks.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horse Banned From Pub
Updated: 12:51, Saturday October 14, 2006

The new landlord of a pub has said he had no choice when he took over but to ban one of the regulars - a two-year-old pony called Morning Mist. The mare with a penchant for John Smiths beer was a regular customer at the Port O'Call pub along with owner Tony Manton. But when Graham Wheatley and Craig Thomas took over the pub, Morning Mist was given her marching orders on the grounds of health and safety.

Mr Manton, 62, is not happy about the changes at the pub, in Marshfield, situated between Cardiff and Newport. He said: "I don't blame them for what they are doing but it's becoming a 'yuppie' pub. Not only have they done away with the pony, but they have got rid of the bar stools and tables and brought in settees and the like. It's no longer one of your traditional country pubs."

He added: "I only took the pony in for a laugh one day when I was trying to get her used to traffic and people but it proved to be popular with the locals. She liked to drink John Smiths. I occasionally give her a can of John Smiths now but I don't suppose it's the same for her."

Sky News caught up with Morning Mist at the pub, and she demonstrated her penchant for Guinness. An unrepentant Mr Wheatley said: "With the previous owner, when you opened the door to the pub you were confronted by a horse's backside. When you are trying to serve fresh, good food, it's the last thing you want to see."

He told Sky News that Morning Mist was still welcome to drink in the pub's car park, but could no longer come in.

----------------

I bet he whinny want to go there much now...

Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: