Comedian dies laughing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Comedian dies laughing Reply with quote

Popular Blackburn comedian died of accidental overdose
15th April 2009

A POPULAR comedian died after taking an accidental overdose of nitrous oxide, an inquest heard. Martin Cassidy’s death was a “tragic accident”, coroner Michael Singleton was told. Mr Cassidy, 42, was found in his bed at his home in York Terrace, Blackburn, in January by his family who had broken in to the house having become worried after not seeing him for several days.

Mr Singleton said: “The injury causing death was asphyxia, due to nitrous oxide toxicity. There is no evidence that he intended to bring about his own demise. On the balance of probability the most likely explanation is that it was autoeroticism that had gone wrong and during the cause of that he had lost consciousness due to the nitrous oxide, which killed him. He told told family: “I understand that this will have been terribly shocking to you and will cause great distress.”

Mr Singleton said that Mr Cassidy, whose real name was Mark, had been watching “adult material” on a laptop. He was found surrounded by cans of nitrous oxide, or laughing gas. Mr Singleton recorded a verdict of misadventure.

After the inquest Mr Cassidy’s family said he had “so much to live for”. Sister June Smith said: “He had so many plans and we still miss him so much.” Mr Cassidy, who founded and ran the Lock ‘n Load comedy nights in Darwen and Blackburn was found dead on Thursday, January 8. Last year he qualified as a light-aircraft pilot and he had been described as a “real comedy talent” who had put East Lancashire on the comedy map.

Friend Dave Turquoise, 44, who worked alongside his friend as a street lighting inspector for the Highways Agency in Blackburn, said Mr Cassidy was a “great comedian and a great man”. Mr Cassidy, a divorcee, was born in Whalley and built up a successful reputation as a comedian in Manchester.

----------------------

Death by laughter - what comedian could ask for more?
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell! So what does nitrous oxide do to you then that helps a wank?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's probably to do with lack of oxygen to the brain causing some extra high.
TheCaptain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, N2O causes a state of euphoria, a bit like Cocaine. It's pretty cheap, but bloody dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. It's also a green house gas. So if you care about the enviroment and are looking for a cheap kick, I recommend Fullers' London Pride.

My compliments...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers captain - wise words!

I used to post on that site, but was asked to stop because I caused so much grief. Thing is, nicko's posts there are exactly what I'd have said (though I'd have called them all cunts too!) and it would be a battle to make these comedians realise that just because it's their pal it doesn't mean that the story should be ignored.

A comedian died from laughing gas. That is funny. Far more so than some of the shite they hit out with.

(note, I had posted the story here a full 32 hours before 'the most popular UK comedy site' had it - yeah!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: