Your Gall Bladder and You
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Your Gall Bladder and You Reply with quote

Actually it is more a saga of my gall bladder and me. After a couple of weeks of feeling sluggish, bloated, nauseaus and some pretty intense pain, I am going to have my gall bladder removed. It decided to get stoned..oh, I mean, to produce stones and has to come out. It is an outpatient surgery here, so, next Friday, I will be in at 7:30 and gall bladderless by 9:30 and home by late afternoon....because I really have time for just ONE MORE THING to do!!! Graduation is mere weeks away, I have 2 papers, and 2 finals, the last of which is on the 29th. I have friends coming, invitations to mail and a party to think about! AARRRGGHH! My gall bladder couldn't have waited until May? crazed
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Now that's what I call drive thru surgery. I would have thought a gall bladder would have at least been worth one overnight stay at least. Best of luck to you on your surgery, hope it's not a long recovery time. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Pirty. I hope it doesn't take long either. I think it just have to be one of those grin and bear it type things, because I have lots of deadlines and such. I am actually glad that I don't have to stay overnight. I don't have insurance and will be much more comfy in my own bed. It only takes about 45 mins with just 3 little incisions, so, I should be good to go in no time!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing you the best of luck Spurs Smile I had mine out in 1996 and it was the best thing I ever did! No more living in fear of attacks of pain and overall just feeling like shit. This type of thing often happens after people lose a lot of weight like you have..... you go low fat with the diet, all the bile just kind of sits in your gallbladder because it isn't needed as much, so it kind of congeals into these stones and boom! every once and awhile it decides to pop one out and it gets stuck. I know the agony all too well.

You will probably feel tired for a couple of weeks, but I would think that you'd still feel fine to work on your assignments.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my mum had to have that done too. She was a lot happier after it. All the best
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes perfect sense, eefan. I was wondering why all of a sudden things went south. I thought my body was starting to rebel against me!! I have never had a problem before. I could eat gound glass... I am glad that I know what went wrong.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never forget my first one. I hadn't eaten pizza in about six months or so and for a treat I had some Pizza Hut pan pizza (greasiest pizza known to man!) and it hit me while I was driving down the highway to visit a friend. Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, I can't imagine driving in that kind of pain. I was literally in the fetal position...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of friends who have had the "drive thru" surgery for their gallbladders. They were not only feeling much better afterwards but their healing time was quick.

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good, Sky, because I am really crunched for time with papers and finals due and graduation ( and all of the parties associated with that!). I am cutting it pretty close to the bone, so to speak, so the less recovery time the better! I was really starting to get nevous about it, but I think I will be ok on the day.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need more recovery time, will your professors extend some deadlines for you if you need?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is really only one paper that needed some adjustment, Pirty, but I am sure that if I really needed it, they would work something out with me. As it is, he gave me an extra 9 days, so..I should be good.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am short timing it now. My gall bladder and I part company tomorrow morning. I am going to spend tomorrow night at Marcella's, but I am taking my lap top with me, so hopefully I will be lucid enough tomorrow to drop a line...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the best with it - I'm sure it will all go fine. And you can probably add a few ounces to your weight loss!
luke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck spurs, hope it goes well Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: