bastard dentist!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: bastard dentist! Reply with quote

I'm just back from the dentist. For the last 2-3 months he's been replacing a filling he put in on my top left incisor. It kept cracking though, so today he finalyl decided that it needs a crown. I've never had anything that serious done to my teeth before, so I wasn't prepared for the drilling and moulding he had to do.

The drilling was bad enough, enough to put an anchor for a bloody ship, or so it felt - but it was the moulding that got me. Gah, I was retching for a good 2-3 minutes while the stuff set and he's going 'just breathe through your nose'. I was involuntary retching - if I could stop I would have!

But it's all sorted now and next week I should have a whole new tooth.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Sorry to hear that face. I know what you are talking about. I remember I had to get a whole mold of both top and bottom teeth when I got braces as a kid. I was gagging and the lady kept saying "you need to just breathe through your nose and stop gagging so much" Like I was doing it on purpose!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I'm with you both on the gagging thing! Like you would do this on purpose in the middle of dental treatment. Hell, I can gag brushing my back teeth.

Some say that smiling will stop the gag reflex.... which is all well and good, but how are you supposed to smile with a mouth full of dental equipment or a tongue depressor??????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: