Deck the Halls!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Deck the Halls! Reply with quote

After a lot of sweat but very few tears our home to decked out for the holidays. I couldn't be happier. Last year we were unable to decorate due to the move but this year it's all up and in style. Two trees even! Oh the decadence!
It's been a lot of fun decorating as I've never lived in a Victorian before. The high ceilings in the downstairs living room have made my tree, which looked so tall in my old home, pretty average height. Nonetheless, it looks awesome and the flower boxes are pretty swell as well. We've a good mix of old and new and I'm excited that this year we were actually able to get real pine for our wreaths and swags. Something that wasn't readily available or affordable in Southeast New Mexico. I do have to try and take some pictures and get them posted.
Anyone else trimmed up?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent' done a thing. I enjoy looking at everyone else's decorations, but really don't get into putting up my own.

I am looking forward though to some nice drives over the next few weeks to enjoy all the Christmas lights around town.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been looking at trees the past few weeks but thought i'd wait until december - i think i'll get one this week Smile

looking forward to your pictures sky
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went out and cut down a real tree at the weekend. It's now all decorated and looks lovely. I also went and made a wreath out of fresh greens and berries which is now hanging on the front door. We have white lights at the front of the house and coloured lights at the back, too. I've just written out and posted my UK Christmas cards - just the US ones to do now. Oh, and we have my hubby's company Christmas Do on Friday - it's starting to feel like Christmas.

Happy Holidays, my fellow Couchers!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're moving ahead full-steam with the Christmas spirit twirls Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family buys giant Christmas tree that is taller than their house
A family in Dorset has fitted a monster 35ft Christmas tree which extends several feet above the roof of their house.
15 Dec 2008

Greig Howe, 35, needed to cut the huge tree into three parts to get it into his house in Bournemouth. He put one part in the living room, one in the bedroom and one on the roof. From the outside it looks like one whole tree that takes up the entire house. The tree, which cost £250, is decked out in 160 big baubles, 2,000 LED lights and has a star on the top.

As well as delighting Mr Howe's three children, it has caused amusement for passers-by and neighbours. Mr Howe said: "I had it in mind because that corner of the house is perfect for it and I really wanted to give the kids a Christmas they wouldn't forget. From the outside it is a bit of an optical illusion because it appears to be one huge tree that has shot up through the ceilings and floorboards and out through the roof. People keep stopping and laughing at it and my 11-year-old son Harry absolutely loves it."

He and a friend used a chainsaw to chop it into three parts before they towed it to his six bedroom detached house. It took Mr Howe and seven friends two days to manoeuvre it into the three positions. The operation even involved taking out a bay window to squeeze the tree inside. The only downside to the tree is that Mr Howe has to keep one of the lounge windows open because the branches are so big.

-------------------

Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nut!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nut indeed! Must smell of pine in that house!

We are officially all done with Christmas shopping. I have all my presents wrapped and under the tree. A nice feeling to have it all done and now I can get down to the best part of the this time of year, enjoying it.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while skylace has officially finished, i have officially started Smile today i got a tree! and lights! no decorations yet ... but i think it looks quite nice without ... my mum will be so surprised this year! shes coming to mine again - the last few years shes come to mine and i've never really got round to decorations - she usually goes out christmas eve to get some to make the place look a bit festive. in my last place alls we had was a cut out page 3 christmas fairy from the sun Laughing i wish i still had it ... i could have put her on top of the tree Smile
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol luke u nutter Surprised
I actually have not bothered getting a Christmas tree the past 4 years cos I sleep over at the kids house Xmas eve and it all seemed such a waste of time ..but for some reason this year I feel a Lil festive so I bought a little 4 foot real tree and have the lights and a few simple decorations on it .....found my other Lil Xmas knick nacks and its all quite pretty....My pressie shopping is done bar one or two small things ....and its not gonna get wrapped Very Happy I have a brilliant dollar store near me and I bought tons of gift bags and tissue paper .... I like the gift bags cos people can reuse them ...and I don't have to spend hours wrapping .....

I love Xmas with the kids shhh
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't started here at my parents house, but so many folks in the community have done a bang up job doing up their properties with lots of pretty stuff. I like to put the all Christmas music station on my long commutes to work. I hope all the couchers are enjoying this season with friends and family. Have a great time and enjoy all the special moments!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have finished the tree Smile my mum will be most chuffed Very Happy

i've also put some tinsel around my speakers, and you don't get more festive than that
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a fine looking effort Luke, nice one.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great luke! I have a video to put up (hopefully, having youtube issues) if not I will take a couple of pics and post them.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: