Another online suicide...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Another online suicide... Reply with quote

I'm sure most of you will have seen today's news story about a young guy who overdosed while filming himself on justin.tv... click HERE if you haven't seen it.

Here's some comments from one of the people who witnessed it.

-----------------------------

Ask a guy who is gonna OD (again) tonight anything, - Bodybuilding.com Forums

- CandyJunkie creates thread telling Misc. he'll overdose himself again on drugs live on Justin.tv
- CandyJunkie posts the amount of drugs he's going to take
- Mods don't take it seriously because of his past trolling
- People egg him on
- CandyJunkie posts a copied suicide note
- People keep egging him on
- He pops the pills and goes to sleep
- He breathes for a few hours, people think he's going to be alright and keep joking and trash talking on his JTV log.
- Some time later many people realize he was not moving.
- I find his personal details through E-detectivery, I figure out his name and number and location.
- Personal details posted on Misc. I request people to call the cops because I live in India and had no way to make International calls all by myself.
- People tell me he's a troll and nobody calls. Staberella especially is quite a huge cynic and says that he wasn't going to die on that kind of drugs, she insists nothing is going to happen and that people should just gtfo of the thread.
- I send an email to Miami Police on their official email on their website, Email not functioning!
- I call Miami Police from my dad's phone and speak to at least three cops and one person from the 911 line (whatever it is) for over 8 minutes about the situation, the people there do not take the case seriously and tell me to call the sheriff of his county, and give me the sheriff's number even after I told them I was speaking from a different country and that this was an emergency.
- I post the sheriff's number on the Misc. thread
- People tell me to quit worrying and that they're 100% sure its a loop and he's just fraudin'
-jjlee138 (Rep this dude) calls the Broward County Sheriff's office and speaks to them about the situation along with a couple of other people. By the time I called, it turns out 3 people had already called them about it.
- People wait for the cops to bust in on the JTV cam.
- Some people start thinking nobody called the cops, at least 5 more people call the cops, they were told the cops were on it
- 25 minutes after the first call to the cops, the cops bust in. They cover the webcam
- People speculating whether he's dead or not
- At this point of time a lot of people start deleting/editing their posts everywhere. PM me for the original thread content.
- Friends post messages on his myspace worried about him, no response from him.
- His best friend posts a thread on the Misc. and informs the people that he's dead.
- Some people still think its a bluff

RIP Abraham Biggs.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just breaks my heart. I am stunned that people would egg this confused and troubled young man on. His family must be suffering deeply. It's just so sad.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:
This just breaks my heart. I am stunned that people would egg this confused and troubled young man on. His family must be suffering deeply. It's just so sad.

I agree its very sad ....I used to use JTV alot when BB was on for live feed etc .....and although i met some really nice peeps in the BB rooms there was a bunch of wankers and kids in there too..I am not surprised they egged the poor kid on .....JTV is not the place to go when u need serious help .......I have been in situations in a chat when things have got scary for the person I was chatting too ....and thank god I have always had there number or a contact to ease ..at least my mind .....the internet is a dam evil place at times Sad

ps bless the kid for trying to help from so far away ......
Mandozilla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prity horrific. I sure hope the footage never appears again although i am sure it will. It is a sad day when a kid calls for help on a site where he is only a name. Everyone should know about this as i am sure we will hear of more cases in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: