Canadian comic handcuffed for being cheeky

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Canadian comic handcuffed for being cheeky Reply with quote

Comedian cuffed after professing her love for Harper
'You like handcuffs?' Harper asks This Hour has 22 Minutes cast member
September 12, 2008
www.cbc.ca

Security officials weren't laughing when CBC comedian Geri Hall approached Conservative Leader Stephen Harper at a press conference in Halifax Friday and began declaring her love.

"Mr. Harper. I'm so sorry. I'll be so brief. I just represent the single female voter," the cast member with This Hour Has 22 Minutes said. Officials immediately grabbed her arm and hauled her out of the room while Hall yelled, "Girls love a guy with a sense of humour, and we could just have a little fun! Stephen Harper, I love you! I want to love you!" she yelled as security officials brought her down the hallway and handcuffed her.

Harper seemed unfamiliar with the show, well known for ambushing Canadian politicians. "Was that This Hour?" he asked reporters. "See, I don't watch it."

Hall said she tried to explain to security officials that she only wanted to ask the prime minister a few questions for a segment on the TV show. But instead of a jail cell, Hall was surprised with a brief one-on-one chat with Harper. "OK, that was a bumpy start to the second part of our relationship," Hall joked, "but it was kind of sexy, too. Girl doesn't get arrested by a blue-eyed man very often." To which Harper replied, "You like handcuffs?" "Should I like handcuffs?" Hall responded, eyebrows raised.

The incident marked one of several lighter moments during this first week of campaigning ahead of the Oct. 14 federal election. At a campaign announcement in a Winnipeg produce terminal Tuesday, Harper was asked by a reporter what vegetable he thought he was. After pausing for a few seconds, Harper responded that he wouldn't be a vegetable but a fruit, because he's "sweet and colourful."

--------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: