Bernie Mac dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Bernie Mac dead Reply with quote

Bloody hell. Sad

maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a link to the Bernie Mac website which contains a poignent message (under "what's on this week")- I'm sure Bernie's having the last laugh.

Bernie Mac

BM.JPG
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked Bernie Mac. I loved his show, but didn't get the opportunity to watch too many of them. I loved his interaction with the kids on the show. R.I.P. Bernie!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie Mac's Wife Sues Doctor for Comedian's Wrongful Death
06 Aug 2010

(NewsCore) - Bernie Mac’s wife has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the doctor who treated the comedian before his death, The Chicago Sun-Times reported Friday. Rhonda McCullough is seeking $50,000 because dermatologist Rene Earles allegedly failed to send her sick husband straight to the hospital when he came to his clinic less than a month before his death.

Her suit, lodged in Chicago, alleges the delay contributed to more serious health problems that ultimately lead to the “Ocean's Eleven” actor’s death at the age of 50 on August 9, 2008, due to complications related to pneumonia. Earles "failed to recognize cardiopulmonary instability in Bernie" and "failed to recognize and act upon abnormal vital signs and signs of respiratory failure," the suit alleges.

Earles, 69, denies the allegations and says the actor came to the clinic to treat lesions on his head, face and neck caused by his inflammatory lung disease. The doctor says he provided treatment and then had Mac sleep for a few hours after he showed signs of weakness. Once he realized Mac had been diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs he instructed Mac to go to the hospital, Earles said in a Sun-Times interview. "It was entirely devastating. Look, Bernie was my patient. Bernie was my friend. We became extremely close -- we were like brothers," Earles said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: