Tom Cruise Video Scientology Tried to Suppress
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Tom Cruise Video Scientology Tried to Suppress Reply with quote

From gawker.com:

You have to watch this video. It shows Tom Cruise, with all the wide-eyed fervor that he brings to the promotion of a movie, making the argument for Scientology, the bizarre 20th-century religion. Making the argument is an understatement. The Hollywood actor, star of movies such as Mission Impossible, is a complete fanatic. "When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help... We are the way to happiness. We can bring peace and unite cultures." There's much much more. Let me put it this way: if Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch was an 8 on the scale of scary, this is a 10.

It's great that whilst other sites were forced to remove the video due to threats of copyright infringement ("YouTube"), Gawker won't be intimidated and will continue to host the video.

P.S. Edit:
I wonder if this should be moved to "Lumpy Bits" so that the "you-know-whos" don't come after The Couch!?!?

P.S.S. I didn't understand a dang thing Cruise said! He was so flipping vague. WTF?
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is bloody weird!!!!!!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF was the 'Mission Impossible' theme music in there for?

What an arrogant prick.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard about the video. Thanks for the opportunity to see it Kezza. I'm Catholic and i listen to Catholic bashing all the time. I won't judge anyone's religious beliefs and if they can create peace among all cultures, then let's just let 'em do it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I was in 5th grade all the girls were ga-ga over him and I didn't like him one bit. I used to get hell for that. Now it just shows my common sense that I had already back then. Fucking freak.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words ... NUT JOB.

I have the "privilege" of living in the same county as the "Flagship" ... The scientologists have pretty much taken over downtown Clearwater. I have met many many many practitioners over the years and none of them have been quite the whacko that Tom is.

Anyone else reminded of Zoolander? If I were the "church" I would suppress it merely because it is incoherent.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that really makes me want to convert! I was never a Tom fan either (I was on the Rob Lowe side of the street) and now I can see why...FREAK SHOW!!!! I have to agree with you, Marcella, if I were the church I would shut him up fast. He makes them all look like lunatics.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't even really say anything. I don't think it was bad editing either. He just rambled on...maybe because there's nothing to really say about how Scientology works and why it does what it does.

I feel sorry for Suri.
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
He makes them all look like lunatics.

Hehe, they are all lunatics! And egomaniacal ones at that!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he says he needs to either get the spectators on the playing field or out of the arena, does he mean "join us or die" or does he mean "join us or get out of our church" or maybe he doesn't mean that at all? LOL!!LOL!! Not sure where he wanted to go with that metaphor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A parody on the video by Jerry O'Connell (from funnyordie.com):

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirty, I think his point was that he doesn't really have a fecking clue about the religion he's chosen!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sold...where do I sign up? LOL!! Hyuck Hyuck..... I respect those with various religious beliefs. It just irks me when people get completely kooky over it and want to indoctrinate others, especially others who don't want to be indoctrinated. All I can say is "Tom? how about less Scientology videos and more Mission Impossible movies please?" LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm ... what if he were naked while going all kooky? would that be better? Not a big TC fan but I liked him in TAPS.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is apparently released by a group of hackers who are at this minute attacking the Scientology websites. But the video itself would cause so many people to visit the site that that in itself could bring them down. Either way it's clever...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: