'Shameless' actress joins 'EastEnders'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: 'Shameless' actress joins 'EastEnders' Reply with quote

Maggie O'Neill has joined the cast of EastEnders as another member of the ever-growing Branning clan.

O'Neill, known for her role as Sheila Jackson in Channel 4's Shameless, will play Suzy Branning, the fourth oldest of the six Branning children - Jack (Scott Maslen), Max (Jake Wood) Carol, Derek and April being her siblings.

No-nonsense Suzy will reportedly become Phil Mitchell's (Steve McFadden) new love interest when he helps her out of a tricky situation with an ex. Suzy is Phil's type but has no idea what to make of her, while Shirley immediately forms an impression.

Speaking of her new role, O'Neill said: "The Brannings are a great family and I am really excited to become one of them. Suzy is a woman to be reckoned with and I'm looking forward to playing her."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I've long-admired Maggie's work from her outstanding performance in Take Me Home to her hilarious and moving Sheila in Shameless. She's yet another top drawer addition to our wonderful cast."

O'Neill has also appeared in Midsomer Murders, Peak Practice, Mansfield Park and the Oscar-nominated film Gorillas in the Mist.

She will begin filming with the soap next month and first appear on screen in early to mid summer.

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember ever seeing here. Should be interesting though. But boy the Branning clan is growing!

It is also comforting to know that they are looking to set up Phil with someone else beside Shirley. I haven't liked that mix at all.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly, I don't like to see any woman with Phil. It makes me feel well sorry for them. He's ugly and he treats women bad after awhile. He can be a jerk. It would be nice for once to see him with a woman that gets over on him all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Brannings are becoming the new "power family" on the square..... all we need is a "Branning" Pauline Fowler.

I'm with Sky in that I don't like the Phil/Shirley pairing. I just don't get it. I think it's infatuation.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Phil and Shirley together either. She is just to darned gross! I can almost smell the old booze and stale cigs.

As for Phil, I think they are trying to turn him around and make him nicer. I, for one, don't like it! He is an awesome bad guy! I love it when he is miserable. This whole nicey, nicey thing makes me want to vomit...Bring back big bad Phil!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I don't like Phil and Shirley together either. She is just to darned gross! I can almost smell the old booze and stale cigs.

As for Phil, I think they are trying to turn him around and make him nicer. I, for one, don't like it! He is an awesome bad guy! I love it when he is miserable. This whole nicey, nicey thing makes me want to vomit...Bring back big bad Phil!

Laughing I can see what you mean by almost smelling her.

I'm with you on Phil being better bad. Every now and then they seem to try and make him a bit nicer and it's just boring. He's much better bad.

Now maybe if they wanted to show two sides of him that would be great. He can be nice with his son and family but terrible otherwise. I like the contrast. That's one thing I liked about Johnny Allen. He didn't always come across as being just nasty but there was that undercurrent always.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have a picture of the newcomer?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here we go -

Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now I know who she is! Yep, I can see her with Phil.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Phil sees an awful lot of action for such a fat, ugly, boring guy...LOL!!! Wow Phil, I want whatever your smokin'/drinkin'....LOL!!
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if it was Grant, it might be more believable!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a pretty lookin' lady....at least for Phil....Thanks for the piccy Face!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: