EE: Mad May returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the mental healthcare workers felt she was fit how????? I still can't get round the idea that she is even free. That is completely unbelievable, though I don't know the British laws. Anyway, it makes for good soaps...LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
And the mental healthcare workers felt she was fit how????? I still can't get round the idea that she is even free. That is completely unbelievable, though I don't know the British laws. Anyway, it makes for good soaps...LOL!

Laughing That it does. Of course, lord knows how many time people are let go who aren't well because their sentence was only so long. If social workers and mental health workers are as over worked in Britain as they are here it's not hard to believe their is the revolving door policy to mental health care or that she could even fall through the cracks afterwards.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so true that the mentally ill are tossed on the streets very easily in America. In the case of Mad May though, she was being held "criminally" I thought. I would have thought, mentally ill or not, she'd have to be held accountable for her actions. I guess we'll see if it's a case that she wasn't competent to stand trial. I'd like to hear more on how she is out at all so soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
It's so true that the mentally ill are tossed on the streets very easily in America. In the case of Mad May though, she was being held "criminally" I thought. I would have thought, mentally ill or not, she'd have to be held accountable for her actions. I guess we'll see if it's a case that she wasn't competent to stand trial. I'd like to hear more on how she is out at all so soon.

Those that are being held "criminally" are also let out after they serve their sentence. More than likely she wouldn't have gotten a long one and with her past history. I've met and worked with plenty of people who were serving sentences because they were mentally ill and they were only in for a few months, back out on the street again, and committing the same offenses, so it's not too shocking really.
Hell, I just watched a show last week where a man met a woman in the bar, followed her home, assaulted her, tried to kill her and in two years he was out (for good behavior). He obviously was mentally ill and received therapy while he was in prison. When he got out, six months later the cops came to the woman he had been convicted of assaulted and she said when she saw them she knew and simply said "He did it again didn't he?" and they not only told her yes but that this time he succeeded and killed the woman. So they needed her to testify again to her attack to help put him away for good.
Seeing as how May didn't kill anyone, never had a history of mental illness before, knows the system, is clever, for her to be out now would be pretty normal. They can only hold you for so long. They should have notified Dawn though. But that wouldn't be the first time the victim isn't notified because paperwork is lost or someone forgets.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I about jumped out of my seat. I wasn't expecting to see her at all. That is just too great. Her smoking the fags, in a shit hole, she looked so mental. This is awesome.
My sentiments exactly! I had to pause and replay the scene to be sure it was her.

We've not really seen much of Summer. Except being pushed in her carriage. By her mum or uncle Micky. Until last night when she was actually being held in someone's arms. We got an idea of what she looks like, how tall she is etc. I looked on the BBC EE site and read that Summer was born in June of '07. Here's hoping there'll be a 1st birthday party and May will do something big.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, she really is just evil. It didn't really phase Jase much when she already knew it was Summer's first birthday or that she got so uptight when she thougth Dawn was putting more effort into the engagement party rather than Summer's b-day. This can only end badly...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Wow, she really is just evil. It didn't really phase Jase much when she already knew it was Summer's first birthday or that she got so uptight when she thougth Dawn was putting more effort into the engagement party rather than Summer's b-day. This can only end badly...

Yeah, I found that a bit strange about Jase. He didn't sense that she was getting a bit personal for a woman who has only hired him for handyman work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: