Holy shit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I haven't seen it on CNN so I am not sure.

The latest update is that the house next door WASN'T vacant. But by luck the lady who lived there, was called into work this morning on her day off! She may not have a home anymore, but she has her life.

Now that gave me chills. Glad she was called in and I'm bet she is glad too.

The explosion was on our local news this evening.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the paper this morning and of course they are saying it wasn't gas. They are even saying there was no gas smell even though I know all of us smelled it when it first happened.
And of course they are saying that they are looking for all possible causes for the blast, including a meth lab. Yeah right. Meth labs don't go up like this and there wasn't the smell that goes along with it. It's a smell that doesn't go away quickly and it's pretty nasty. But I bet they are going to say that is what it was.
Fucking hate the gas companies.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace, Glad you are OK.

The gas companies are probably obeying to the letter what their insurance company tells them to do/say.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky, how traumatic for you. i'm glad you're okay. I"m thinking that the insurance company of the man whose house was ground zero will have their own investigators on the scene. I think they'll be recovering their loss from the Gas company eventually.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the gas company just came out last night and said it WAS a gas leak that caused the explosion (duh!) however, they are saying it wasn't their fault.

First they are saying it was the house that was owned by the old man that was in the hospital, not the abdoned one owned by the city. Of course, they are saying it could have been a leak in his house but they are also saying there were "reports" of people breaking into his home and stealing the copper piping (which does happen here) which may have caused it.

Regardless, it's obvious they are not going to take the blame. First they come out and say "Oh, there's not evidence of a gas leak" the day it happens. And now it's "Oh, it was natural gas but it weren't us. No sir." Bastards either way. They basically knew they couldn't pin the explosion on anything else but gas. Too many witnesses and evidence pointing towards it so now they are back pedaling and covering their asses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: