Corrie: Kevin's 25 years on the street
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Corrie: Kevin's 25 years on the street Reply with quote

*link expired, but it was basically a look back at "Kevin Webster" over the years...
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Le Vell kissed me on my 18th birthday in a nightclub in Blackpool. No, I didn't meet him in there - he was 'appearing' and signing autographs. The guy I was with pushed me forward and shouted out it was my 18th...suddenly I'm being given a kiss from a moustachioed Kev from Corrie. No tongues, thank goodness. Anyway, not my best moment. Ha ha ha. But hey, he's a lovely guy...gave me a signed autograph.

Long live Kev!!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at that 'tache in the last photo - I can understand how you'd be drawn to it... haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell denies sex assault allegation
Actor who plays mechanic Kevin Webster arrested and bailed on suspicion of abuse of schoolgirl
Helen Carter
guardian.co.uk,
6 October 2011

The Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell vowed to do everything in his power to clear his name after he was arrested on suspicion of a sexual assault on a schoolgirl. It is understood Le Vell, who plays mechanic Kevin Webster, was questioned for eight hours about the incident, alleged to have taken place some years ago, before being released on bail pending further police enquiries.

The 46-year-old married father of two children was arrested under his real name Michael Turner, at his home in Hale, Cheshire, last week. In a statement on Thursday, he said: "I strenuously deny these allegations and will do everything in my power to prove my innocence." A spokeswoman for ITV said: "We are aware an allegation has been made." A senior source added: "If the situation changes we will take whatever action we feel is appropriate."

A statement from Greater Manchester police said: "A 46-year-old man has been bailed by police until 16 November 2011, pending further inquiries."

------------------

crikey...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Le Vell asks for time off to battle claims over 'rape of girl, 6'
‘I strenuously deny these allegations and will do everything in my power to prove my innocence’
Jaya Narain
8th October 2011

Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell has asked for time away from the soap to deal with allegations he raped a schoolgirl when she was six years old. Mr Le Vell, 46, who has played mechanic Kevin Webster for 28 years, has vowed to clear his name after his arrest over the claims made by a teenager. Filming of the soap has been re-scheduled to accommodate his time off - including a scene where his character battles to have his love child's name changed to his own.

He is currently out on bail until November 16 on the condition he does not approach the girl after being arrested on September 30. According to the Daily Mirror, a show insider confirmed that the actor had requested extra time off. The source told the newspaper: 'It's understandable Michael wants extra time off. Everyone just hopes this can all be resolved quickly.'

Yesterday, fellow actor Sally Dynevor, who plays Le Vell's onscreen wife said she backed her colleague '100 per cent'. Speaking on ITV1's Alan Titchmarsh Show she said: 'Michael strenuously denies these accusations against him and I am backing him 100 per cent. I have known Michael for 25 years and I am right behind him.'

The alleged victim lodged a complaint on September 29 via a video interview. Mr Le Vell was arrested on suspicion the next day at 8am at his £750,000 home under his real name, Michael Turner. The actor was taken to a police station and questioned by detectives for almost eight hours. The father of two vowed to do ‘everything in his power’ to clear his name.

Mr Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster, is one of the longest-serving actors in Coronation Street and his character has been at the heart of some of its most dramatic storylines In a statement, he said: ‘I strenuously deny these allegations and will do everything in my power to prove my innocence.’ Mr Le Vell is married to his childhood sweetheart Janette Beverley, 45, an actress who starred in the TV show Children’s Ward in the 1990s. He was said to be distraught and horrified by the accusations.

A friend said: ‘This has left him shattered. It came completely out of the blue. The police just arrived at his home at breakfast time, told him of the allegations and arrested him on the spot. He was extremely shocked. He was taken down to the police station like a criminal and was horrified by the whole thing. It has left him distraught and upset and he looks really, really drained. He holds quite strict moral opinions so the arrest is even more shocking for his friends to understand.’ On the day of his arrest last Friday at his home in Hale, Cheshire, Le Vell wrote on Twitter: ‘Afternoon all! Hope you had a good day in the sunshine. I’m lost for words at this moment in time, talk soon.’

He is one of the longest-serving actors in Coronation Street and his character has been at the heart of some of its most dramatic storylines. The actor, who had previously booked this week off as a holiday, is due to return to filming on Monday. Last night he was believed to be with his legal team. A spokesman for ITV said: ‘We are aware an allegation has been made. Given there is a police investigation under way, it would not be appropriate to comment further.’

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: ‘A 46-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of an historic sexual offence. He has been bailed by police until November 16, pending further inquiries. The report was made to police on Thursday September 29, 2011.’

------------------

It doesn't really get much worse than this...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it could be worse is if he actually did it. Sad
mamasue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met him once too....it was in the early 90's...just outside Granada studios.
It was when he first shaved the moustache off.
He was very nice and friendly... he gave me his autograph for my daughter.
I REALLLLLY hope he's not guilty!

Does anyone remember when another Corrie member, Peter Adamson (Len Fairclough) was also accused... supposedly molested 2 little girls at a swimming pool.
He was totally acquitted, but it ruined his long Corrie career!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's right, I'd forgotten about Peter Adamson - I was only a kid at the time, but I remember wondering what had happened to him.
mamasue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually died of cancer about 10 years ago.
I used to like old Len Fairclough....nobody quite like him now!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronation Street star's relief as police drop investigation into child sex allegations
Rebecca Seales
2nd January 2012

Michael Le Vell has told his family of his joy at being cleared of child rape allegations. The actor received the news that his three-month ordeal was over while on holiday over the new year. Last night his brother-in-law Ian Westcott, who is married to Le Vell's sister Susan, said: 'He's very happy. The family are too. He's doing ok.' Co-star Kym Marsh, who plays Michelle Connor in the soap, tweeted her delight, writing: 'Fantastic news about Michael Le Vell having all charges dropped! I hope they make as much of this news as they did about condemning him.'

The 47-year-old father of two faced an agonising wait over Christmas to find out whether he would be prosecuted for the alleged rape of a schoolgirl some years ago. After being held at his home under his real name, Michael Turner, Le Vell vowed to do ‘everything in his power’ to clear his name. He was taken to a police station and questioned by detectives for almost eight hours before being released on bail.

Nazir Afzal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for the CPS North West Area, confirmed that the investigation had been dropped as there was insufficient evidence to charge Le Vell. He said: 'I have decided that Michael Robert Turner will not face any charges in relation to allegations of historic sexual assault against a child. Following enquiries by Greater Manchester Police I have concluded that there is insufficient evidence to put before a court. As there is no realistic prospect of conviction it is therefore only right that the allegations against Mr Turner are prevented from going any further and I have informed the police that they should take no further action against him.'

Shortly after the claims first surfaced, it emerged that Le Vell had separated from his wife Janette Beverley, after 25 years of marriage. The actor apparently parted from Beverley some months before the allegations emerged. The couple married in October 1986 after working together on Coronation Street in 1984. Le Vell is one of the show's most long-serving actors, having first appeared as Kevin Webster 27 years ago.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the heat is back on
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these the same people/allegations as before?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems so - the CPS have reviewed the evidence and pushed forward. He's now been suspended from Corrie until the result of the court case.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 charges seems an awful lot to be innocent of....but I really hope this isn't true!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: