comments about Galloway on Big Brother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: comments about Galloway on Big Brother Reply with quote

It seems that Galloway behaving like a cat on Big Brother is permanently etched in the minds of many people - not least editors of so-called respectable sources.

Over time if you see any 'official' source mentioning it, post a link and we can see how genuinely obsessed they are with it.

Here's one from today on the ITN site. Nothing tenuous or desperate about this at all...

Quote:

Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria Parker has been talking about her latest film role.

Longoria Parker is taking to the big screen to play a jealous nearly-married spirit who decides to keep a watchful eye over her would have been husband. The star is happily married to basketball player Tony Parker but admitted she is a big fan of a certain Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

And as bizarre as it may sound, it seems Eva may have something in common with George Galloway. When asked what animal she would be if she could change places for a day she said a cat - think back to George's feline performance in Celebrity Big Brother.

© Independent Television News Limited 2008. All rights reserved.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, I never saw that. I'm sure it's on utube, d'you think I'd be scarred for life if I saw it?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you take into account that he was on a game show then it's no problem - he had the balls to look daft.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous people do stupid things on red-nose day .. why is GG's stint on BB any different (when money was also being raised for charity).
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce wrote:
you know, I never saw that. I'm sure it's on utube, d'you think I'd be scarred for life if I saw it?

It was very cringe worthy, but it was a game show, and fair play to him he was just sticking to the rules.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've grown to not mind when people bring the Big Brother incident up in order to insult George, because it shows so obviously that they are incapable of taking him on philosophically or intellectually. It's usually only mentioned by people who dislike his politics but are annoyed that they can't fault them. It's like losing an argument with someone and then going "Yea? Well, you've got a big nose!"
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Kate on this .. When anyone mentions it, it makes me feel that that person is clutching at straws.

Looking on the bright side, it is now almost a trademark of GG .. which may eventually have positive PR value.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it? I'm sort of surprised, though i suppose I shouldn't be. It's not at all bad, but we are supposed to think so. I sort of think it's quite good, given the circumstances. It was only a game ffs.

who's the saddo who felt "physically sick"?

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking into account the unimaginative slurs that the mass media continually spew out, I reckon this one's actually quite funny...

lolcats-leotard-big-brother.jpg
luke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought him and pete burns doing their robot dance in leotards was worse than the cat incident!

i agree with kate and mandy, if you're debating politics and the best argument someone can come up with against him is him raising money for charity on some stupid tv show - you're on a winner Smile its funny, my mums side of the family, my uncle, aunt, cousin - they hate galloway ( my mum likes him, shes a big pilger fan as well Smile ) - my aunt tried to tell me everyone in scotland hated him as well ( they used to live there ), to which i asked how did he keep winning elections up there then?! someone must have liked him - they kept voting for him! they also brought up the cat thing - it was strange because i said i don't go on stuff like that but on people views, their record etc - my cousin said people just go on personality now! but they do all read the sun ... they got some strange views that side of the family ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just sorting out some old discs and found the dvds with the whole of the series of Celebrity Big Brother that Galloway was in. Would people want to see it? I'll put up one or two episodes as a start anyway...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

video expired - I'll try to sort a new one

This is his entry into the house and first few minutes - the video footage at the beginning is cool as you can see the clip of him begin carted off by the rozzers at Faslane. Listen out for his rousing reception from the crowd of cunts.
harry perkins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I distinctly remeber the clip with Tony Blair saying "I don't want to get into a shouting match with that particular individual" being after his interview where he said he could see why an Iraqi might feel justified in assainating the PM (though he said it would be a bad idea all round). But that was months after BB, he had a beard by then. Maybe Blair said something similar earlier, I don't think it was old footage that I saw at the time of the interview, but an answert to a question about it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article where the very first mention of a celebrity is Galloway. I've left a message on the article (which hasn't appeared yet) in which I congratulate the journalist for her skills and inform her that she is in great company, with some of the best sub-standard hacks in the world...

I swear people like her must be actually genuine - like those people who still do bits from Catherine Tate or Little Britain and think they're funny.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffs - look at the quality of that image!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: