ITV's 2008 comedy plans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: ITV's 2008 comedy plans Reply with quote

* Thank God You're Here, a British version of the Australian improv show in which a guest star is thrust into a scene without knowing what the situation is, and ad lib their way through it. The cast includes Paul Merton and Tara Flynn.

* CGI Britain, a Spitting Image-style satire featuring computer-generated caricatures, masterminded by Henry Naylor.

* Teenage Kicks, an adaptation of the Radio 2 sitcom starring Adrian Edmondson as an old punk star who has to move in with his children following a messy divorce.

* New series of Al Murray’s Happy Hour, Harry Hill’s TV Burp and Benidorm with Johnny Vegas.

---------------

I'll be looking forward to everything they're planning. The Adrian Edmondson sitcom sounds like it could be great or terrible... time will tell
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that TV Burp show and it's been quite funny. You're right though abouth the new sitcom.... you can never tell ahead of time if these things will be good or bad. I find new series often have a period where they take some time to find their way.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved "Thank God You're Here" they had it on in the states. Sadly, I don't think everyone loved it as much as I did.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it'll be interesting to see the new adrian edmonson thing - they've been reshowing bottom on one of the freeview channels recently - classic stupidness Smile

i like al murray as well, harry hills pretty good - but that benidorm, i never got into that ... but i didn't give it much of a chance to be fair
Griffo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Edmondson high5

Just hope it isn't as bad as most new comedies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: