Ajas Spag Bol.......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Ajas Spag Bol....... Reply with quote

Ok at last I Finally get My Spag Bol recipe together Smile I think This was one of the first Things I ever learnt to cook .....I know It was the first dinner I ever taught Anissa and I am Teaching Abbi now ..... Smile Its Changed over the Years a few times ....And Anissa makes her a bit different to me ......As I am sure Abbi will......

Any ways I always make a lot of the Meat sauce ....Cos I turn it into Different meals over a couple of days ..... so here we go .....

Ajas Spag Bol......

The Stuff......

3 lbs of ground beef (sirloin)
2 onions diced
1 green pepper diced
1 red pepper diced
4 garlic cloves Minced
1/4 pound of mushrooms diced
4/5 plum toms diced
handful of sun dried toms diced
tomato puree to taste (quite a bit)
Any pasta sauce ....I normally use tomato basil
oregano
basil
paprika
garlic salt
black pepper
kosher salt

pack of spaghetti
olive oil
salt

What to do .........

First brown The ground beef in a nice big pan .....(I use my non stick wok for most of my cooking )
really make sure its all nice and browned .....stir all the time .....
add the onions and garlic next ...again still stirring ......
then add peppers and mushrooms still stirring .....By now the smells of great food should be making You hungry ......
add the plum toms and the sun dried toms ......and stir a bit more ...... Smile
At this point add the spices ...... I can only tell u too add by taste ......because every time i cook this its tastes a little different .....add a little and then add more but to start at least with a teaspoon of all.....
then add tom puree stirring all the time ..... then the pasta sauce .......I always add a little water .....but You can tell as u are cooking ......
At this point I normally transfer to a bigger pan .......and let it cook on simmer for 30 Min's or so........

ok u need 10 Min's too cook spaghetti

so bring some water to boil with a little salt and olive oil ......add spaghetti and cook 8/10 Min's ......

when cooked
I rinse and then add a little olive oil ...it stops it from sticking .......

serve with a nice green salad .... and some fresh Parmesan cheese ... and Bobs Your Uncle Smile

meat sauce is always so much better the next day .....so we normally do have this the day after I cook it ......

Tomorrow I will show You what I do with the left over meat sauce ......I know You will love it ........PS I cooked this last Monday ..as You can see by the cakes in the first pic........Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hungry!!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks delic, Aja!

I'm looking for a good recipe for Pomodoro sauce, if anyone out there has one. Hubby and I used to always have this at a favourite restaraunt when we were dating, but they've gone out of business and I'd love to make it for hubby as a surprise.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Aja - I make mine almost the same way, although I've never put paprika in mine - I'll try that next time. Recently, I added a few tablespoons of arabbiata sauce and one chopped jalapeno pepper to give it a little bit of a kick (hubby likes it spicy...ooo errr!)

I think it's started to taste really good lately cos we've been growing roma/plum tomatoes that I've been adding in...and they're just so fresh and juicy.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Looks delic, Aja!

I'm looking for a good recipe for Pomodoro sauce, if anyone out there has one. Hubby and I used to always have this at a favourite restaraunt when we were dating, but they've gone out of business and I'd love to make it for hubby as a surprise.

try this one EEFan.......

It really is just a basic Tomato sauce Recipe ........

Pomodoro Sauce

2 pounds ripe tomatoes (or 1 28-ounce can peeled Italian tomatoes)
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 clove garlic
1 small onion, diced
10 leaves fresh basil, chopped or torn into pieces
salt and freshly ground pepper

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make a shallow "X" with a knife at the stem end of each tomato. This will help you peel them later. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water, and cook for about 15 to 30 seconds. Drain, and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the tomato skin (it should peel right off.) Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Chop the remaining tomato flesh and reserve in a bowl. (If using canned tomatoes, just pour into a bowl and use a fork or knife to cut them into smaller pieces.) In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the whole garlic cloves, and allow to become golden. Remove the garlic cloves, and add the diced onion. Sauté until the onion becomes tender and translucent. Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and turn heat down to low. Cover, and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes or up to one hour. When ready to use, toss in the fresh basil.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Hey Aja - I make mine almost the same way, although I've never put paprika in mine - I'll try that next time. Recently, I added a few tablespoons of arabbiata sauce and one chopped jalapeno pepper to give it a little bit of a kick (hubby likes it spicy...ooo errr!)

I think it's started to taste really good lately cos we've been growing roma/plum tomatoes that I've been adding in...and they're just so fresh and juicy.

Yes it really depends on the tomatos and actually the Ground beef ..as to how it tastes ..Thats why i started adding sundried toms .....some times I get by on the minimum amount of spices other times i have to keep adding stuff ..till I get it to taste the way i want ....oh yeah and some times i add red pepper flakes Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Looks delic, Aja!

try this one EEFan.......

It really is just a basic Tomato sauce Recipe ........

Pomodoro Sauce

2 pounds ripe tomatoes (or 1 28-ounce can peeled Italian tomatoes)
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 clove garlic
1 small onion, diced
10 leaves fresh basil, chopped or torn into pieces
salt and freshly ground pepper

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make a shallow "X" with a knife at the stem end of each tomato. This will help you peel them later. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water, and cook for about 15 to 30 seconds. Drain, and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the tomato skin (it should peel right off.) Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Chop the remaining tomato flesh and reserve in a bowl. (If using canned tomatoes, just pour into a bowl and use a fork or knife to cut them into smaller pieces.) In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the whole garlic cloves, and allow to become golden. Remove the garlic cloves, and add the diced onion. Sauté until the onion becomes tender and translucent. Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and turn heat down to low. Cover, and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes or up to one hour. When ready to use, toss in the fresh basil.

Thanks.... sounds yummy and it's certainly something I could cook. I'll give it a try!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: