O.J. Simpson held without bail in Las Vegas robbery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ironic, but I kind of think they had more evidence that he murdered those two people that he was found not guilty of, than what they had found them guilty on in this trial. I'm not that bothered though, because I felt he should have been found guilty in the first trial. To me, he's finally getting his just desserts. It's his kids I feel bad for. They are the innocent ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think hes guilty
luke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know much about either case, but i heard on the radio that the day he was found guilty of this is the exact same day 13 ( or something ) years ago he was found not guilty the last time!
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the murder trial quite closely. I remember having an open mind going into it, but as the trial dragged on, the DNA evidence and his flight out of town the night of the murder convinced me he did it and ditched the murder weapon. Courtroom theatrics and the (justified) feeling that African Americans don't receive equal treatment under the law got him off.

(I say "justified" because for the 99.9% of cases you don't hear about. O.J. got the best defence money could buy.)

Quote:
The all-white jury of nine women and three men reached their verdicts after more than 13 continuous hours of deliberations.

That said, this quote from the article doesn't leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling that justice has been done in this case. It's hard to imagine a more favourable jury for the prosecution.

Will I lose any sleep over it? For this guy, no.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he found guilty of armed robbery or of the murder from so many years ago? I wonder how many on that jury had that on the back of their minds when they voted?

Like Major tom, I won't be losing any sleep over it.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling the court of appeals is going to have something to say about something that is going to shake the case. But then again, I feel that is a small chance, so I do not know. lol

I think the jury selection sucked, if meant to be fair. Five people have already come out and said they believe he was guilty in the previous case! Are you fucking kidding me!? You were not meant to be a jurior then.

I also think that when I heard the cop saying on the tape something about geting OJ because he escaped in the murder trail.....Well that was totally a blow for any legal service. You cannot aim to get someone because they were aquitted for any charges by the government. This shows alot of malpractice in law.

I do believe he committed murder in his last trail. but I am looking at this aside from that, based on the charges he is committed of. And while I see he guily of some, I do not think he is guily on all 12 counts and I believe he will get an appeal. I do not think this is over with yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the jury argument is absolute rubbish. His defense attorney has to approve them as well.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching his sentencing just now - it seems like he'll be doing a minimum of 10 years...
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifteen years....cripes!

Maybe he'll find his ex-wife's killers there?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky are saying it's minimum of 6 years, but the last two charges are consecutive and he got 18 months minimum for each of those.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC are saying 15 years and CNN "at least" 15 years.

Either way up in my opinion it sounds like he may have been harshly dealt with and ultimately it's payback for his acquital for murder.

Not really how the system is supposed to work but ultimately it's justice I guess.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but I was listening to the family of the guy Ron that he killed and they were on about how they'd driven him to such desperation that ended up with him doing this crime. That seemed a weird thing to say.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like basis for an appeal and a lawsuit......only in America.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the video of the family after the sentencing. I'm not sure who the people shouting in the background are...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: