Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Weight Loss Challenge! Reply with quote

Ok... maybe "Challenge" is the wrong word because there's no real prize but.... a number of people have been talking about Weight Watchers and losing weight recently and some seem interested in doing this online but fear there won't be any accountability if they don't go to meetings. Well, this can be the place to do it! Post your successes, challenges, tips, motivators --- whatever! (and we won't charge you a weekly meeting fee!). No need to post your actual weight or details you don't want --- this is meant to be a support.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea eefan! I am all for it. I've really started doing my best, since the move, to eat healthy and get out and exercise even more.

I need to start journaling what I eat!
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too... ! I have been talking about losing 20-25 lbs for about 4 years now, and I lose about 6 or 7 lbs and then it all goes back on again. I'm 5' 3" and weigh 155 lbs and although I know that's not too bad I just don't feel healthy.

So this week, I'm cutting out alcohol during the week and limiting intake on the weekends pissedup , aiming for 4 sessions of 30-min cardio routines every week along with some light weight-training and conditioning exercises (thanks to Matt Roberts) weights , drastically reducing the amount of bread & butter I eat (I know!!), and trying for healthier food choices:

more fruit & veg, food

less carbs, food

less protein (I just love red meat), food

smaller portions, food

etc.

I'm not a big dessert or chocolate person so that won't hurt me, thank goodness. food

Great - I got to use some of the new smilies. Very Happy
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will opt out of the challenge - I go to the gym to put weight on Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
I think I will opt out of the challenge - I go to the gym to put weight on Very Happy

slap Okay, now that I have that out of my system...you can still join the challenge for just being healthy Smile
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the slap - I was only kidding Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright then folks...... seems it's a go Smile So, today, let's start with this:

What is your biggest weight loss/maintenance challenge?

For me personally, it's snacking when I'm bored... I know that I sometimes eat when I'm not really hungry, especially in the evening. Now that I have a slightly more regular schedule, I'm trying not to eat after 8:30pm.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEETS! I have a sweet tooth and have a hard time resisting them. I cut cola's out of my diet a long time ago and only have them on special occasions or if I am really craving one. But if it's sugary and especially CHOCOLATY I have a difficult time saying no.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit.

Okay, I'm in, but I'll be whining a lot, just so you know.

here's a coinky dinky. My neighbor called me last night to see if I wanted to start using the gym in our subdivision again. I just did my first session since October '06. Eliptical machine and the nautilus circuit for 30 minutes.

Today at work I had a lean cuisine and salad for lunch. That doesn't sound great, but it's a lot better than all the stress eating i've been doing just to get through eight hours in Hell five days a week.

Shit. Oh, yeah, and I'll be using the word shit a lot too.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My danger areas are chocolate, carbs and I don't move alot...well let me rephrase, I used to not move alot. I work out a couple times a week, walk (most of the time with my laptop and all of my books in a book bag. I thought my laptop was really light until I started slinging it over my shoulder every day!) I am learning to control all of that and have made great strides in my water intake (I HATE water).
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in! 2 days in a row I tried on shirts that haven't fit in a while and now they do!! It's like having a whole new wardrobe with out spending the money! I don't often say this, but....YEA ME!

thumbs
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY TO GO SPURS! I'm not there yet by a long shot but hope to be soon.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! dancing1
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done three workouts in three days and yesterday's was a killer. Thighs, sides, shoulders, and glutes are all aching today. I also didn't have any wine Mon/Tues but failed last night after being coaxed by hubby into a couple of glasses of red wine with dinner...had two pieces of 3-cheese semolina bread with light butter last night too. food That's my nemesis!

I did a grocery shop yesterday and didn't buy any snacks, but got loads of fruit & veg instead - just got to eat the stuff now and not be throwing it away at the end of the week.

I'm also keeping a speadsheet of my weight and measurements along with a comments section so I can see where I'm doing well (or not as the case may be).

Embarassed
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am in ..... Nothing fits me ..I am Depressed with my weight .....Higher than its ever ever been .....will chat more later as I am on my way out .....

But i want to lose 25/40 pounds and I think Coke (soda) is my main problem......

Chat later

Love U all.......
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
My danger areas are chocolate, carbs and I don't move alot...well let me rephrase, I used to not move alot. I work out a couple times a week, walk (most of the time with my laptop and all of my books in a book bag. I thought my laptop was really light until I started slinging it over my shoulder every day!) I am learning to control all of that and have made great strides in my water intake (I HATE water).

I hate it too Spurs.... but I need to get back into it for sure. Here's a product I saw when I was in the States a couple of weeks ago...it might help make water a little more palatable and it looks like it would be handy to toss in a purse or school bag so you'd have some wherever you are:

True Lemon

PS--- Way to go on the wardrobe! Yea you!!! no1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: