Canadian comic gets shot down

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Canadian comic gets shot down Reply with quote

Venue evicts 'sick' show

www.chortle.co.uk

An Edinburgh Fringe show has been kicked out of its venue after the manager became offended by jokes the comics were cracking. The Underground Comedy Invasion have been told they can no longer perform at the Three Tuns after talking about paedophilia. In an incident capture on video, a senior member of staff interrupted Canadian stand-up Pat Burtscher while he was on stage and brought the show to a close.

He had previously warned the comics not to mention the topic in their act. ‘I told you not to do that tonight, you’re going too far,’ he told Burtscher, pictured. ‘That’s it – off. You tell jokes about children being fingered. You were told not to mention that. That’s not funny. In response to protests from the audience, the manager said: ‘Would you like your children being fingered? That is what these jokes were about.’

Comic Alex Lasarev, who was also part of the show, said: ‘Basically he flipped out on one of our comedians, who simply brought up the fact that the manager had told us not to do jokes about kiddie fiddling. The day before I'd done a joke saying that brainwashing kids into religion at a young age was mind rape, and that I would rather have my kids sexually molested than brainwashed. That was the joke, we think, that got him to warn us.’

And here is the footage of the show being shut down:

-------------------

Alex Laserev has a really bad reputation on the London scene as being a complete cock end, so hearing he's involved with this was no surprise...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: