Pasta Crab Salad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
luke wrote:
i just thought they blessed the animal or killed it in a certain way, i think thats what halal is

Halal or Kosher basically just means that the food meets with religious requirements. It's only the fact that 4th-5th century Europeans ate pigs that Christians today don't follow the rules too. Before then all Christians followed the example... they probably should still do now, but you wouldn't want to tell them that too often or they'll probably have you burned as a heretic!

Some Christian groups do. You will find also some small Christian groups that still celebrate Jewish holidays, etc. They're very rare though.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:
eefan, Thanks so much for this. I think I'll serve it up tomorrow night. I was trying to think of something cute to have for an al fresco supper with my husband after work one evening this week. We live in the deep South where the weather is not too hot yet, and where Ranch dressing is a dietary staple. If anyone runs into my husband please don't tell him, it's a surprise.

A cold salad like this would be perfect for an al fresco supper...... I hate eating anything hot (other than BBQ!) when it's hot and humid outside. The thing I like about this salad is that it's great for lunches to take to work --- I tend to undercook the pasta just a bit so that as it sits for a couple of days and absorbs the dressing, it doesn't get too mushy.

@Skylace, I think you'e right about saladcream being the closest thing to ranch. We have it here in the grocery stores, but I've never tried it as I really didn't know how to use it..... it's not a big thing here (at least I don't know anyone who eats it). It does look kind of good though. Do you add seasonings to it or do you just pour it on salad like you would a regular dressing?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
11antoniacourt wrote:
eefan, Thanks so much for this. I think I'll serve it up tomorrow night. I was trying to think of something cute to have for an al fresco supper with my husband after work one evening this week. We live in the deep South where the weather is not too hot yet, and where Ranch dressing is a dietary staple. If anyone runs into my husband please don't tell him, it's a surprise.

A cold salad like this would be perfect for an al fresco supper...... I hate eating anything hot (other than BBQ!) when it's hot and humid outside. The thing I like about this salad is that it's great for lunches to take to work --- I tend to undercook the pasta just a bit so that as it sits for a couple of days and absorbs the dressing, it doesn't get too mushy.

@Skylace, I think you'e right about saladcream being the closest thing to ranch. We have it here in the grocery stores, but I've never tried it as I really didn't know how to use it..... it's not a big thing here (at least I don't know anyone who eats it). It does look kind of good though. Do you add seasonings to it or do you just pour it on salad like you would a regular dressing?

Most people I know who eat it just pour it on like regular dressing, however, I know it's used for other things (on sandwiches) and I have seen spices added. I just had it straight when I had it though.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds good .....If U omit the Ranch dressing ......I HATE RANCH DRESSING blink

I hate it for a couple of reasons .....

# 1 it tastes bad
# 2 when I waitress.... and peeps ask me what dressings we have ..... and I get to saying ranch ...the way my accent tells me to say it .... they say what !!!!!! and then I have to switch on the yank accent and say RAAAAAAAAAAANNNNCh bored

as for kosher salt its all i ever use .......Its seasalt my loves.... seasalt Smile nice big fat grains of salty tasting salt wow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: