Big Brother 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Big Brother 8 Reply with quote

Welcome to the Sin Bin

THIS year’s Big Brother wannabes are to be exposed as “Saints and Sinners” in the most controversial series ever. Security on the Channel 4 show has been tightened in an attempt to keep secret plans for BB8 under lock and key. But the Daily Star Sunday exclusively obtained a trailer for the show based around “the eight deadly sins” – the traditional seven plus one extra to tie in with the eighth BB series. An insider said: “The 14 hopefuls are going to be pushed to their absolute limits. They won’t know what has hit them.”

We can reveal bosses are hoping to split the wannabes into rival groups they have nicknamed “Saints and Sinners”. And they want to expose the housemates’ true natures with:

LUST: A spa has been added to the bedroom in the hope it gets housemates spilling out of the tub and on to the mattress for racy romps.

GLUTTONY: Housemates will be starved of food and cigarettes more than ever in an attempt to get them squabbling.

GREED: Secret tasks will be doled out forcing housemates to double-cross and back-stab their friends to gain treats which they won’t be able to share.

SLOTH: Lazy housemates who sleep or sunbathe too much will be put up for eviction as punishment.

WRATH: Tricks will be played on contestants and fake rewards offered to ensure tempers flare.

ENVY: Friendships will be put under strain when some contestants receive preferential treatment solely to cause friction.

PRIDE: Housemates will have to tell the public why they should win, while their rival housemates watch from the sofa.

HUMILIATION will be dished out, which will include some of Big Brother’s meanest punishments yet, with former friends and partners brought in to stir things up.

The show will be under close scrutiny when it returns to our screens. The race row between Celebrity Big Brother bully Jade Goody, 25, and eventual winner Shilpa Shetty, 31, led to calls for the programme to be scrapped earlier this year. But despite coming under fire, BB bosses want to make the latest series as edgy as ever.

Our insider said: “There is a huge amount of interest in BB8 after the race row. But instead of playing it safe bosses want to capitalise on the extra publicity and make sure this is the best series ever.” Designers have been working on the house for months to give it a top-to-toe makeover. And they have drafted in psycho-logists to make it a house of horrors. It is believed there will be oppressive decor and smaller rooms.

Big Brother is tipped to kick off on June 1.

I can hardly wait dancer
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOhhh, me neither!!! BB is my summer treat!! Thanks for the post. thumbs
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds most excellent! I'll have to prepare myself for the dedication of watching it every single day. I'm sure it's hard as a capper as well, even more so! It's so addictive though. It sounds like shitstirring fun! Conflict=excitement! Yay! lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Canniescot

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this - I am so addicted to BB. I really enjoy the regular one as opposed to Celebrity BB - although that is addictive too!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye, Brother
www.chortle.co.uk
Russell Brand is returning to pass comment on Big Brother – despite having quit the Big Mouth spin-off. The comic is to host a one-off E4 special about the show before the eighth series starts at the end of the month. Big Brother: According To Russell Brand, promises ‘a surreal look at BB through the ages’ such as the idea that the show’s ‘eye’ logo ws modelled on Hi-De-Hi’s Su Pollard. The special will air on E4 at 11.05pm on May 25.

Last month, Brand announced he was quitting Big Brothers’ Big Mouth after three years. The show, which attracted up to 1.4million viewers, was his first breakthrough after beating his heroin addiction and Brand thanked producers for ‘taking the risk of employing an ex-junkie twerp’.

-------------

I didn't realise he wasn't going to presenting Big Mouth - that's a shame as I was probably more interested in that show than any of the rest of it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB: SURREALITY
The cooker's in the bedroom, the fridge is in the garden and the bath's in the living room.. welcome to the weird new Big Brother house.
By Mark.Jefferies@Mirror.Co.Uk 22/05/2007

BIG Brother bosses have made a right meal of the house for this summer's show. Cooking food will mean housemates using three different rooms. And if they want a hot soak afterwards, they will have to take a bath in the living room. Bosses yesterday released the first official pictures of what they call the "surreality house".

A spokesman said: "Just cooking a meal may take team work. The fridge freezer is in the garden, the sink is on one side of the living area and the hotplate is opposite. The oven is in the bedroom." The kettle and toaster are locked away and can only be used at Big Brother's discretion. A 70s-style phone is prompting speculation that housemates may be able to make calls if they are successful in tasks.

For the first time, the diary room will have a lit corridor to indicate if the room is in use by changing colour from red to green. BB house designer Patrick Watson said: "It has taken 8,000 man hours to construct the house for this summer." Housemates will be encouraged to be environmentally friendly by recycling and collecting rain water for the garden.

Viewers with an eye for pop culture will notice Big Brother's homage to Brit artist Damien Hirst - a split rubber chicken suspended in clear boxes. The white living room floor has a target inspired by Andy Warhol's work which is thought to be part of the games planned for the housemates. A swimming pool that is half in and half outside the house will feature for the first time.

BB host Davina McCall said bosses will give contestants a grilling before the show starts next Wednesday on Channel 4 - in a bid to stop them quitting early. The last series was plagued by housemates walking out. Some had unrealistic ideas of finding fame after the show. Davina, 39, said: "When they have the pre-talks, they are going to be categorically lectured that the chances of them becoming famous are almost zero."

----------------
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Goodbye, Brother
www.chortle.co.uk
Russell Brand is returning to pass comment on Big Brother – despite having quit the Big Mouth spin-off. The comic is to host a one-off E4 special about the show before the eighth series starts at the end of the month. Big Brother: According To Russell Brand, promises ‘a surreal look at BB through the ages’ such as the idea that the show’s ‘eye’ logo ws modelled on Hi-De-Hi’s Su Pollard. The special will air on E4 at 11.05pm on May 25.

Last month, Brand announced he was quitting Big Brothers’ Big Mouth after three years. The show, which attracted up to 1.4million viewers, was his first breakthrough after beating his heroin addiction and Brand thanked producers for ‘taking the risk of employing an ex-junkie twerp’.

-------------

I didn't realise he wasn't going to presenting Big Mouth - that's a shame as I was probably more interested in that show than any of the rest of it.

Face - you are going to be doing this, aren't you??? PLEASE...!!! I'll love ya forever. hug
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that one-off yeah - but not the whole series...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!?! No Russell Brand on Big Mouth??? That was the best part of the series!

Daaaaang!! (insert heavy US Southern accent)

Did the press mention if there will be a "Big Mouth" this year and who will be hosting it?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Did the press mention if there will be a "Big Mouth" this year and who will be hosting it?

The only thing I've seen is that they're going to have guest presenters doing it... could be interesting, but it really was Brand's audience interaction that did the trick for me.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BROTHER'S GRIM
EXCLUSIVE Contestants axed Racism cover-up Humiliating apology
By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor 25/05/2007

THE new series of Big Brother was in chaos last night after repeated bust-ups between the show's makers and scandal-hit Channel 4. The bitter dispute emerged as C4 bosses were yesterday ordered to make three grovelling on-screen apologies over the Celebrity Big Brother race row. TV watchdog Ofcom slammed the broadcaster for "serious errors of judgment" and said it had covered up more disgusting racist attacks on Shilpa Shetty by Jade Goody and her brainless cohorts.

The damning ruling has thrown preparations for the start of next week's Big Brother 8 into disarray. Desperate to keep the show - hosted by Davina McCall - scandal free, C4 bosses have rejected three contestants put forward by makers Endemol. They have also thrown out plans to encourage class warfare in the house by recruiting extreme individuals from different social groups.

One source said last night: "Channel 4 are trying to wrestle back control of the show and make sure there are no more scandals, but Endemol insists the programme will flop if there aren't any clashes or tension." One contestant - described as the best housemate selected this year - was rejected because he had been arrested after a fight. The source added: "He was a brilliant, cocky bloke - easily the best man we had. We booked him straight away but then had to drop him because he got into a fight. He may have to go to court and we couldn't risk him getting into a row in the house and then it emerging that we'd allowed him in as a contestant knowing that he'd been arrested in a bar brawl. Last year we'd have put him in. This year we don't dare. Other great would-be housemates have also been thrown out because of the extra psychology tests. Endemol wanted them in, but Channel 4 said no. Things are getting very heated."

BB8 begins next Wednesday, when Channel 4 will make the first of its apologies over January's Celebrity Big Brother. The race row sparked an international outcry and attracted a record 45,000 complaints from viewers.

--------------------

So that answers what their punishment is at least...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this news might please some, but I'm sure it will annoy a few too - George Galloway will be presenting Big Mouth! He just said this on his radio show, but I'm not sure if it's more than one night that's he doing...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind George doing it as long as it revolved around Big Brother and not to push his anti war agenda. He seems personable. I liked him on Celebrity Big Brother. One word uttered about his own personal political agenda, and I'd stop watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I wouldn't mind George doing it as long as it revolved around Big Brother and not to push his anti war agenda. He seems personable. I liked him on Celebrity Big Brother. One word uttered about his own personal political agenda, and I'd stop watching.

Nice to see how open-minded you are.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered about the Russell Brand show that's on now on E4 - I'll get it on the +1 and have it up later...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: