Comedian gets attacked by punter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Comedian gets attacked by punter Reply with quote

Pretty mental eh? I wonder what he said to upset the guy?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what it was that set the guy off??? He did turn it around in the end though.... thought his comeback was pretty good Smile
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just messed up. Why go to a comedy club if you are easily offended?

I did a little snooping on line and discovered this info:

The comedian is Jim Jeffreys and according to comments on another version of the vid on google vid :

Quote:
The reason why the lad went for him was because Jim was making jokes about suicide bombers and the IRA "instead of blowing yourself up, just leave your bag and fuck off." This was when the lad first had a go at him and called him a fucking wanker. He then walked out and came back 5 minutes later and just started throwing haymakers. I was the first one to get up on stage and grab the lad, I had him held round the neck and he fucking bit me - Irish twat no sence of humour!
He then joked about fat woman who tight down below, saying that it's all the fat pushing it inwards! which is where the video starts! If you watched carefully you'll realise that the video skips slightly, this was when he came back out and really sank his teeth into the Irish!!!! then a woman said he had bigger boobs than him! this is around the 3min mark!
I couldn't believe it when that happened! We were up on the balcony pissing ourselves laughing, some drunk irish bloke called him a wa**er for no reason (even though he did insult the Irish Smile) Jim asked him,"what have I done to offend you?" he said "you're just a wa**ker!" then he carried on. After another 10 minutes some gobby drunk girl on a hen party next to us shouted some abuse and then out of nowhere the Irish bloke jumped up on the stage!!!
apparently it was because a heckler had been shouting at him (jeffries) and he put her down by saying: "i'll leave you alone now, just like your dad did. shame your grandfather didn't." after saying that the attacker jumped up, left the room, punched a few walls, came back in and hit him.
til661

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was crazy Laughing

I've seen Jim Jeffries at Reading and he is quite...ahem...in your face, but that was really dumb. Somebody should explain to that guy the idea of a joke before allowing him back in public crazed
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
That is just messed up. Why go to a comedy club if you are easily offended?

I did a little snooping on line and discovered this info:

The comedian is Jim Jeffreys and according to comments on another version of the vid on google vid :

Quote:
The reason why the lad went for him was because Jim was making jokes about suicide bombers and the IRA "instead of blowing yourself up, just leave your bag and fuck off." This was when the lad first had a go at him and called him a fucking wanker. He then walked out and came back 5 minutes later and just started throwing haymakers. I was the first one to get up on stage and grab the lad, I had him held round the neck and he fucking bit me - Irish twat no sence of humour!
He then joked about fat woman who tight down below, saying that it's all the fat pushing it inwards! which is where the video starts! If you watched carefully you'll realise that the video skips slightly, this was when he came back out and really sank his teeth into the Irish!!!! then a woman said he had bigger boobs than him! this is around the 3min mark!
I couldn't believe it when that happened! We were up on the balcony pissing ourselves laughing, some drunk irish bloke called him a wa**er for no reason (even though he did insult the Irish Smile) Jim asked him,"what have I done to offend you?" he said "you're just a wa**ker!" then he carried on. After another 10 minutes some gobby drunk girl on a hen party next to us shouted some abuse and then out of nowhere the Irish bloke jumped up on the stage!!!
apparently it was because a heckler had been shouting at him (jeffries) and he put her down by saying: "i'll leave you alone now, just like your dad did. shame your grandfather didn't." after saying that the attacker jumped up, left the room, punched a few walls, came back in and hit him.

That sounds like some pretty abrasive "comedy"... I can see how some would be offended, but I guess I'd rather walk than start beating on someone.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Not sure who's side I'm on here. There's no need for violence, but the "comedian" certainly seems to be a wanker if the testimony Marcella pasted is true.

I love edgy comedy, but you've got to be actually funny otherwise you're just going to look like someone desperate for a reaction. Stewart Lee could teach this guy a thing or two.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spot on there Kate - the guy could do with lessons in how not to be a dick for sure... also, on how not to be a pussy who can't take the result of his actions. If you're going to insult people you need to be prepared to take the flak.

I just got another message from someone on youtube telling me that if I didn't remove this clip that they'd get me shut down because only his version of the clip is allowed! I'm so scared!! Brett Vincent, if you ever have the sense to read this - stop being a tool eh?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interview with the guy...

Ash

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I declare that moron from youtube to be our own infonazi! Get a life you pudding head!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
spot on there Kate - the guy could do with lessons in how not to be a dick for sure... also, on how not to be a pussy who can't take the result of his actions. If you're going to insult people you need to be prepared to take the flak.

Flak yes. Being attacked while on stage at a comedy club no.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
faceless wrote:

What's the difference between being on stage and not being on stage? Personally I can't stand arrogant wankers like this guy who think that it should give you some protection. He wasn't playing a 'role' - he was being hmself. If I went down the street and called some girl a fucking fat cunt and her boyfriend hooked me, I wouldn't be surprised.

The guy himself even says that he doesn't know how to stop being offensive and be 'normal' after a show and that "I can't believe it's taken me this long to get hit,". Did you read the interview? Personally I didn't even need to have read it to realise the guy's a prick as I've seen enough comedians just like him in my time.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me or people just get stranger and stranger or is it that its now all available on youtube and we never noticed it before
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a bit from an interview with Jeffries that's available HERE

-------------------

As for the dust-up at the Manchester club, Jeffries claims he didn't see it coming. He was being heckled throughout his show by an over-serviced woman. Finally, he could take it no longer, so he blurted: "I'll leave you alone now, just like your dad did. Shame your grandfather didn't."

The crowd lapped it up. The woman stopped heckling, but an agitated man started barking insults at Jeffries, before retreating to the bar. Then a few minutes later, the man leapt on stage and attacked the stunned Jeffries. Seconds later, members of the audience and security came to the comic's rescue.

"Turns out this guy had been abused by his grandfather," Jeffries explains. "What are the odds of that? The strangest thing, though, is that he went to finish his drink before storming the stage. I think he broke his hand. And even though I ducked in my Ninja style, I took a few good shots to the head.

"Sure, it hurt. But look at the positive side: it raised my profile like never before. The incident was caught on video and has had about 4 million hits on YouTube. Plus, I've sold a ton of CDs."

---------------------

So there we go, finally the truth about what happened. From his perspective at least... I just checked on YouTube and the most popular video of him being attacked has had about 70000 views, not 4 million.

Also, I had to wonder what 'over-serviced woman' meant for a bit, haha
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Skylace wrote:
faceless wrote:

What's the difference between being on stage and not being on stage? Personally I can't stand arrogant wankers like this guy who think that it should give you some protection. He wasn't playing a 'role' - he was being hmself. If I went down the street and called some girl a fucking fat cunt and her boyfriend hooked me, I wouldn't be surprised.

The guy himself even says that he doesn't know how to stop being offensive and be 'normal' after a show and that "I can't believe it's taken me this long to get hit,". Did you read the interview? Personally I didn't even need to have read it to realise the guy's a prick as I've seen enough comedians just like him in my time.

I think that when it's on stage, and a number of people have assembled to experience it, then it's art. Yes it's also entertainment, and no it's not always "high art" (though it can be), but it is sufficiently different from say a street encounter involving only two or three people.

There is an arena with defined geographical boundaries, and anyone may leave without fear of being pursued if they do not wish to experience the art as it is.

Personally (for purely selfish reasons) I would like to see comedians given close personal protection while (and just before and after) they appear on stage. This is because I want to see them perform without fear. Otherwise they might censor their act to avoid being attacked by a VERY small % of the audience.

I would rather see the uncensored version every time. Even if it's something that I would find distasteful or outright offensive, then I would still like to judge that for myself, and then walk out, rather than have a comedian be self-censoring to just placate the fist-swinging minority.

nekokate wrote:
Stewart Lee could teach this guy a thing or two.

You know that Stewart Lee had people baying for his blood after his involvement with "Jerry Springer The Opera"...

There are some people who find insults to "their God" even MORE offensive than insults to their family. Personally I think that religion is fair game. Either way, comedians deserve bouncers if they want to be free to explore limits.

I hosted this (from Stewart Lee) on Google video the other day:

STEWART LEE'S "WHAT'S WRONG WITH BLASPHEMY?"

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy was a wanker - he lost his temper because he couldn't handle a heckler, insulted her, then got smacked. End of story.

The guy who punched him had more artistic flair in his left hook.

If you want to start a thread about some other comedian please go ahead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: