The Sopranos (contains spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: The Sopranos (contains spoilers) Reply with quote

Anyone catch the new episode last night? If you didn't and want to see it let me know and I'll post it up.

It was a bit of a slow start but they usually are. I think the last few are going to be really brutal.

One thing I couldn't believe was how much weight Tony Soprano gained and his sister Janice. They've put up atleast 4 stone between them.

I won't go on about the story line incase anyone hasn't seen it yet, but if you watched it I want to know what you think.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the sopranos Smile what series is it irish? i can't remember the last one i watched now Confused

bada bing Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's series 6 now. It started again last night and these are the last few episodes then the show is over for good. I'm completely gutted as I really love the show. It's so well written and just everything about it is brilliant from the acting right down to the musical scores.

If you watched before and enjoyed it you should be watching the very last shows. I've a feeling it's going to end in one hell of a badaBANG! lol
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post a show called The Sopranos - A Sitdown. It's only round 125mb. If you got it, it would give you a good look at how all the characters have changed and a bit about the filming and all that. AJ is entirely different now like facial hair the whole bit lol

If you want the show it will be posted in Private Downloads later.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it -- and you're right, it was off to a very slow start. But it's not a spoiler to comment that circumstances between Tony Soprano and Phil Leotardo have still not been resolved. At least, that's my guess as to where the storyline is headed.....
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was off to a slow start myself. I figured it would be a bit more fast paced as this is the end of the series.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
I watched it -- and you're right, it was off to a very slow start. But it's not a spoiler to comment that circumstances between Tony Soprano and Phil Leotardo have still not been resolved. At least, that's my guess as to where the storyline is headed.....

I'm actually going to add 'contains spoilers' in the title because those of us that want to discuss it should feel free too and atleast it's fair warning.

One thing I think that's going to happen is Bobby is going to really change in character. Tony gave him a bit of payback by making him do that hit, and I think it's going have something to do with how the show ends. This is just my take of course but we'll see what happens.

Phil has a hate-on for Tony because of not letting him do the hit on his cousin Tony. I'm thinking that's going to come back on him in a big way.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Kezza wrote:

I'm actually going to add 'contains spoilers' in the title because those of us that want to discuss it should feel free too and atleast it's fair warning.

One thing I think that's going to happen is Bobby is going to really change in character. Tony gave him a bit of payback by making him do that hit, and I think it's going have something to do with how the show ends. This is just my take of course but we'll see what happens.

Phil has a hate-on for Tony because of not letting him do the hit on his cousin Tony. I'm thinking that's going to come back on him in a big way.

What shocked me about Bobby last night was the fact that he had never had a hit before. But regardless of that, even I would know that leaving a piece of my shirt and THE GUN AT THE SCENE is not a good idea! crazed
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Kezza wrote:

What shocked me about Bobby last night was the fact that he had never had a hit before. But regardless of that, even I would know that leaving a piece of my shirt and THE GUN AT THE SCENE is not a good idea! crazed

Yeah that struck me as odd him never having a hit before, but come to think of it I've only seen him shoot that guy in the knee that time and he paid him for that.

After he shot that guy the first thing that stuck me was him leaving that piece of his shirt behind. I'm betting it will have some of his or Tony's blood on it and something will come of that.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving the gun is no big deal. Remember the Godfather? (you always drop the gun on your way out the door -- it's not like it was registered, and why would you want to walk around with a weapon connected to a murder?)

The shirt might be a different matter. Wasn't there blood on it? Maybe he got come skin under his fingernails...

I think your instincts on Bobby playing a part in Tony's downfall are pretty good. He did seem pretty cheesed when he got the order, especially after he and Tony had talked about how he "doesn't need the worry" (or something to that effect) just the day before.

Did anyone get why Tony hung up on Christopher so quickly? Because he missed Tony's birthday? (Or is he back off the wagon?) Because Tony was in one of his moods? He can be a real drama queen, can't he? Everything revolves around him. He even has to cheat at a friendly game of Monopoly.

Speaking of cousin Tony, that was one of the strangest episodes I'd ever seen. But at least it was good strange. It was clear Tony was having some messed up dreams. But if memory serves, the final episode of season 5 made no sense at all, except for Ade getting disappeared. I wonder if the confusing shooting/story is intentional or accidental. Some episodes are brilliant and they flow nicely from scene to scene. That episode sure didn't. I kept wondering, "Is this really happening?"
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a favourite episode???
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:

The shirt might be a different matter. Wasn't there blood on it? Maybe he got come skin under his fingernails...

Well I'm thinking that there might be something on the piece of shirt ripped off by the victim. I'm not sure but think it's the same one he wore when him and Tony got into the fight. If that's the case there might be blood on it.

Quote:
I think your instincts on Bobby playing a part in Tony's downfall are pretty good. He did seem pretty cheesed when he got the order, especially after he and Tony had talked about how he "doesn't need the worry" (or something to that effect) just the day before.

The reason I think that about Bobby is because they've already changed his character dramatically from past series of the show. He was always a bit sheepish or non-confrontational and all of a sudden for him to get so annoyed then throw the first punch seemed they want to take his character to a different level.

Quote:
Did anyone get why Tony hung up on Christopher so quickly? Because he missed Tony's birthday? (Or is he back off the wagon?) Because Tony was in one of his moods? He can be a real drama queen, can't he? Everything revolves around him. He even has to cheat at a friendly game of Monopoly.

From what I got of that, Tony was sitting on the dock in a pout because of being beaten by Bobby. When Carmella came over to him the first thing he brought up was a fight he'd won infront of her in high school. To me it showed major insecurity with Bobby beating him and his age. He also brought up that Bobby was younger and then tried to blame it on a past injury.

Quote:
Speaking of cousin Tony, that was one of the strangest episodes I'd ever seen. But at least it was good strange. It was clear Tony was having some messed up dreams. But if memory serves, the final episode of season 5 made no sense at all, except for Ade getting disappeared. I wonder if the confusing shooting/story is intentional or accidental. Some episodes are brilliant and they flow nicely from scene to scene. That episode sure didn't. I kept wondering, "Is this really happening?"

hmm this is one I have to think about. I know in series 5 he was having wild dreams but that was him slipping in and out of a coma when he nearly died. He was pretty messed up and it took him a good while to get his head back together. I don't think he was easily able to determine the difference between reality and a dream state. Not sure if this is what you mean but I might pop in the DVD and have a look.

.......sorry about all the quotes but I wanted to respond to each seperately. It's a sign of a sick mind getting into their heads so much crazed
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Anyone have a favourite episode???

My fave was when the actress who played Tony's mother (Nancy Marchand) passed away in reality they blended her into the following episode. They did a brilliant job with it and to me it was like a tribute of how good an actress she was and how vital she was to the whole scheme of things. They did a beautiful job with the cinematography and I found it really touching how they ended her role. It's something that's always stuck with me.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave episode was when Paulie Walnuts and Christopher were meant to kill a Russian. They took the guy into the snowy woods where he was meant to be killed, but the Russian got away. Whilst chasing the Russian, Christopher was hit by a shovel. After the Russian escaped and Paulie and Christopher managed to find their car, they returned to meet with Tony.

Tony, noticing Christopher's injury from the shovel strike, asked what happened. Paulie replied, "Christopher had an unfortunate encounter with a garden implement."

Priceless!!
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trouble for the quotes. It helps to see what you're responding to.

Since Tony did get shot, I wouldn't be surprised if he was not 100% (physically). But, as you pointed out, he has gotten larger over the years, and the thing about being at the top is that you have to remind others around you why you're there. That's why he beat up that young guy at the Bing (I think it was) for no apparent reason shortly after his brush with death (then puked shortly after) -- to show he was still top dog. Now his position is tenuous -- he knows it and Bobby knows it.

The funeral/wake episode was a nice one. Tony's mother was a complex character. I didn't realize the actress died in real life at that time. One thing that sticks in my memory was Janice turning the wake into a sappy "flower child" event and Carmella putting them all right. Chris, being high, was also pretty funny. Her character developed (through Tony's sessions with Dr. Melfi (sp?)) into a pretty nasty one. But she played it very well, almost sympathetically, and frequently with black humour.

My favourite episode was probably when Tony discovered Big Pussy was working with the FBI. It was hilarious (because of his shellfish poisoning) and sad. The next X-mas, when Tony received one of those singing fish ("Take me to the water / drop me in the ocean") and nearly had a panic attack, I almost died laughing. Pine Barrens (when Paulie and Chris are stuck out in the woods) was also up there.

I'm having trouble keeping the seasons straight. I thought Season 5 ended with Ade being killed. From the official site, I think the episode I'm thinking of is Long Term Parking. I don't think it was a dream episode, but the way the cuts were from scene to scene, it felt disjointed and unlike the usual show. Just abrupt, like the style was intentionally omitted during editing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: