Is Anybody Here Into Creating Graphics Or Animations?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Is Anybody Here Into Creating Graphics Or Animations? Reply with quote

Hi!

I was wonderin' if anybody was into creating graphics or animations and stuff like that?
Creating graphics is sort of a hobby of mine.

Does anybody create Flash presentations?

Maybe, we could trade some ideas or software hints?

Maybe, we could even share software?

Calm
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and Irish were talking last night about making a section just for stuff like this, and it seems a perfect time now that you've started this... stay tuned.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually quite into flash, animation and all levels of graphics Calm. I'm sure I've gigs of programs that would help people in many different ways.

As faceless mentioned we were talking about this last night. I'm going to be posting some programmes that are somewhat tutorials on different things, such as graphics, Linux etc etc.

I think it'd be great if we could get together in chat maybe and discuss this as we can share ideas of how to kick this off.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have more graphics programs & experience than most could shake a stick at... (& masses of plugins for them).

I make a decent portion of my 'living' from graphic design (& I ain't cheap).

Cueerntly working on a website for a client too.
(But I hate making websites... well, more maintaining the buggers).

I don't mind answering photoshop & other adobe tips...
calm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! IRiSHMaFIA and 6ULDV8

I'm really no pro with graphics. Probably because I dislike reading manuals and help menus. I fool around a bit with Adobe PhotoShop, but mainly I just stumble through. I manage to accomplish whatever task I set out to do, but that is all.

My twin brother fools around with Flash and creates presentations for his christian site.

About 3 or 4 years ago, I read all about Adobe AfterEffects. With just reading about it's capabilities, I almost creamed my pants. One time, I did install the software and attempted to stumble through, but got hung-up at the very first menu. But, it left a huge impression on me. All during the passing years, if ever I saw anything dealing with AfterEffects, I grabbed it, just in case.

Perhaps, during the past 3 or 4 years, other programs have surpassed AfterEffects, and my desires are ancient. But, if not, I'd really appreciate a quick tutorial with Adobe AfterEffects.

Are either of you folks familiar with AfterEffects? Is it the cat's meow like it seems to be?

I too have a chatroom which we could use. It is not normally open, but I'll open it up now and you could cop-a-boo. Use any name to sign in and don't worry about a password.

Edit: Removed links

Calm
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Calm...
I have used after effects on a few occasions as a 'plug in' for adobe premiere pro.
Last time I used it was for an animated TV comercial 2 summers ago...

I have never tried to use it as a 'stand alone' only as part of premiere & I found other software that does the task I would usualy require something like after effects to do.

I am teaching myself the entire range of Flash right now (Flash 8 pro, dreamweaver 8 & fireworks Cool & they all work great with the adobe range of products.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm wrote:
I too have a chatroom which we could use. It is not normally open, but I'll open it up now and you could cop-a-boo. Use any name to sign in and don't worry about a password.

What's wrong with using the chat here? The point of this section is that it can work as a resource for people now and in the future - so taking stuff away elsewhere doesn't benefit others in the long term.

I'd also be interested in learning about After Effects though
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have messed around with 3d stuff for about a decade. Started with the usual 3dmax and now use XSI.

I always had an aversion for after effects and prem pro. For what little bits of compositing I do, the integrated compositor in XSI is good enough. Played with digital fusion and like it, it is the dogs goolies.

I used to be involved with flash, and director, even started to learn lingo, but gave it up. I will be doing an all flash site soon though - maybe.

I am getting pretty good with character modeling and rigging and really like it, so that keeps me busy.

A great resource for all things cg is cgtalk.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/index.php?

any talk of anything that might have anything to do with a sniff of anything pirated will get you the push, which is really rather ironic.

I am downloading a couple of after effects/flash pdfs now, I'll up 'em later and post the links here.

some after effects techniques

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/17412559/ae7st.rar.html

after effects to flash

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/17413564/ea2fl.rar.html

password:

c0uCHtR1PPeR**

If you like 'em or if they help you make money do the right thing and pay the folk who made 'em.

Actually looking at the first one it looks like they have changed the ui since I last played with it, maybe it's better now.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this section is only viewable to logged-in members, so passwords are fine.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ..
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce ....what are you using for character modeling?

I've built a full flash site before but got knocked for it bigtime. It seems there's a lot of flash haters out there but that didn't bother me a bit as it enabled me to do a lot more design wise and interactively as well. It's been ages since I've done one but was a good bit of fun.
calm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Faceless

You wrote:
What's wrong with using the chat here? The point of this section is that it can work as a resource for people now and in the future - so taking stuff away elsewhere doesn't benefit others in the long term.

Using a chatroom to give a tutorial does not take anything away from here. I never suggested that we discuss things and such in another forum. If anything, a conversation or tutorial at my chatroom would offer privacy or with less destractions.

It is not as though a record of a conversation in a chatroom is part of the content of these forums. No matter where the conversation takes place, it would not affect these forums.

I could care less which chat service we use to give a tutorial. I was simply giving the member an opportunity to view the chat setup which I had.

Not to worry though, I've de-activated the link to my chatroom.

Calm
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'll start a thread about netiquette.
calm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Brown Sauce

I grabbed those two files which you made available and wanted to thank you for your contribution towards my learning. After 4 long years, I'm gonna re-install AfterEffects and give it a whirl this afternoon.

Hi! IRiSHMaFIA

When I put my site together, I used a Project Seven template. They got all the toys.
http://www.projectseven.com

Hi! Faceless

Not to argue with you, because you have a valid point ....

I understand "netiquette" .... but thought there was no harm in offering my chatroom for a "personal" tutorial. My chatroom is not normally open, and nor do I intend to have it available for public use .... so in a sense, there would be no migrating of members here to over there.

Calm
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm wrote:
Hi! Brown Sauce

I grabbed those two files which you made available and wanted to thank you for your contribution towards my learning. After 4 long years, I'm gonna re-install AfterEffects and give it a whirl this afternoon.

Hi! IRiSHMaFIA

When I put my site together, I used a Project Seven template. They got all the toys.
http://www.projectseven.com

Hi! Faceless

Not to argue with you, because you have a valid point ....

I understand "netiquette" .... but thought there was no harm in offering my chatroom for a "personal" tutorial. My chatroom is not normally open, and nor do I intend to have it available for public use .... so in a sense, there would be no migrating of members here to over there.

Calm

Thanks for the link Calm.

I actually prefer to do my own design work and coding within flash. That way its unique and nobody else has anything like it....unless of course they rip my design and change it about a bit.

I'll for sure have a look through that link you posted though as it looks pretty good thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: