David Icke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harry perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Icke was right would he still be around to tell about it? Not if the world was so elaborately controlled as he says it is. The existence of David Icke proves that his theories are wrong. Or is that what the Iluminati want us to think.....? But seriously he is a poor researcher with inconsistant theories, I agree with the comment that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember when i was a paperboy and all the wogan stuff hit the papers, i'm not religious but i always thought it would be kinda funny if he was the son of god and no one believed him Laughing that would probably happen nowdays, jesus would come back and he'd be picked up and placed in guantanamo before he had time to put his sandals back on Sad

anyway i like david icke, i find his books and the few documentarys/lectures i've seen of him really interesting and insightfull, i don't believe all of it, but like anything you have to evaluate the evidence - him miraculously meeting the people he did over the short time frame it happend in all claiming the shapeshifting alien stuff kinda feels to me likes he's been set up ...

i did find it all fascinanting though ( probably helped along by a cheeky smoke ;) ), especially the storys of alien type creatures going back through history from all over the world, and the ties between that and the similarites between religions and stuff - some the religious stuff he quotes comes from richard dawkins who wrote the god delusion http://www.amazon.co.uk/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0593055489

i think thats kinda what tom cruise and the scientologists believe, that we originated from some alien race ...
harry perkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be fascinated by Icke before and immediately after 9/11, but after the initial excitment I started to notice the inconsistencies. The one I always remember is that in one book he claims he was with Jesus, in spirit, on the cross, while in another he claims that the historical Jesus didn't exist. I suppose he could explain that somehow if asked but his theories are so way out that theres a conspiracy theory out there saying he's a plant to make the rest of the conspiricists look stupid. I don't believe that either, but I thought it was funny.
freedomlover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I believe in Jesus Christ and that he did exist.
But I agree with Icke on how the stories about him were corrupted with time.
I don't believe he's the son of God, or that he died for anyone's sins.
Since there is a lot of research that shows, that all these stories were falsely attributed to Jesus.
If you look at the story of horus, mithra, queen semirimis, and many others, they seem to have many similarities.
freedomlover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffman wrote:
... although I find Icke immensely interesting and entertaining, I still believe he is one sandwich short of a picnic.
But I can understand how folks can get sucked in by this stuff. People need to know how and why we live in such an unjust world, and he puts together a compelling case. Fortunately I gained my understanding of the how the world works by reading Marx, Bakunin, Rocker, Chomsky, etc, etc., I say fortunately because I could have discovered Icke first.
It's said "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing" and I think Icke is a perfect example.

Well the problem with Mr. Icke is that he has a lot of good theories, and they seem to make sense, but then he puts in all these other theories that are inconsistent and complete nonsense, in with the real stuff.
Thats why he gets discredited. Had he lef that reptilian thing alone, and having no proof of this except some so-called "witness accounts".
luke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is david icke on wogan years after that original show in the nice shell suit Smile

nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know those people who post videos of famous people and insist that the eyes have slit pupils at various points, therefore they must be reptilians? Well check out Icke with the orange background in the later Wogan interview. It could be argued that he looks like he's got slit pupils.

Surely that shows just how stupid these conspiracists are, unless they're now going to say David Icke is "one of them", too.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really understand your point neko, i thought we'd established in another thread that that kinda of stuff is crazy. if you're implying from that icke is crazy, he's not based any of his reasoning for his thinking on anything like that - its all from history and supposed eye witnesses

does icke have some crazy followers? yeah. does he have some that take every word he says religiously? sure. does his thesis that the rockefellers, rothschilds, the queen etc are part reptilian alien make sense to me? no. does that mean i should disregard without evaluating what he has to say on the other 95% of his work? i don't think so ...

i mean thats kinda like the people who disregard everything galloway says cos he kissed saddams butt

like i said in this thread, i think he's been stitched up. all this reptile crap happened in a short amount of time, him miraculously meeting up with various people all over the world supposedly by accident - but backed up by a lot of old history from various parts of the world. but without me personally meeting these people and hearing their experiences and evaluating what they say ( and their state of mind ) - i don't buy it, but the other 95% of his work ... he's not the only one saying it - and thats all based on evidence that you can evaluate for yourself and come to your own conclusions on.

so i guess you'll have to class me as one of those stupid conspiracists - because i do believe some of his work, not all, but a fair bit crazed wink but i don't agree with everything galloway or even chomsky say either ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the Icke is on BBC radio tonight - being interviewed by Russell Brand... that should be interesting to say the least! I'll try and record it, but I'm sure plenty of others will do too.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
It seems the Icke is on BBC radio tonight - being interviewed by Russell Brand... that should be interesting to say the least! I'll try and record it, but I'm sure plenty of others will do too.

Here's the interview:

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that was in fact a really good interview. I find both Brand and Icke to be excellent orators, while also being interesting, but if either one of them was to come down my street and park their car at an angle of more than 92 degrees I should say "No!!!!!"
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks .. good clip.

On media self-censorship, I am surprised they let the bit about George Bush senior go out. I am sure that TS would have dumped that part .. in case they are sued for slander.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a story regarding the show ...

Quote:
BUSH WHACK BRAND!

COMIC Russell Brand fears he has made an enemy of President Bush after outrageous comments on his radio show.

Russell, 32, was horrified when oddball David Icke, 55, claimed the US President’s father was a “notorious paedophile”.

Brand was so worried by the live comments, he tried to ridicule them, saying they were “bonkers” and “not the view of the BBC”.

But when Icke offered to send him proof of the allegations against George Bush Snr, 83, Brand hastily added: “Don’t send it on my computer.”

A source at Brand’s late Saturday night Radio 2 show said: “Russell was absolutely horrified when Icke came out with the stuff about Bush live on air. He said afterwards he had enough problems without making enemies of the most powerful family on the planet.

“Russell was really worried there would be a US backlash.”

Icke, who claims to be the son of God, insists he has researched the Bush family, including current US leader George W Bush, 61, and has proof the former President abuses children.

Icke said: “He’s a notorious paedophile, father George Bush.”

A spokesman for the BBC said: “We have had no complaints.”

from http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/25865/Bush-whack-Brand-/

thanks for the recording neko Smile
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icke is going to be on Russell's show again in the next hour. I'll cap it and have it on Humyo ASAP.

http://www.humyo.com/F/68377275/EMBED
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent - I'll give it a whirl now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: