David Icke
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: David Icke Reply with quote

Janet Tappin Coelho
Thursday December 21, 2006
The Guardian

The much ridiculed world of David Icke has been shocked into real-life turmoil by a court case that threatens to bankrupt Britain's self-styled conspiracy guru. Icke is fighting to retain copyright of the 16 books he has written over the same number of years. He is involved in a legal battle with a business associate over the written work, artwork and printing disks of his self- published tomes on the theme that we are all victims of a sinister global campaign.

The case, which is being fought in the US, is costing Icke huge amounts. Since losing his job as a BBC sports commentator 15 years ago, after he appeared on the Wogan show in a turquoise shellsuit claiming to be the son of God, Icke has eked out a living from his bizarre theories. He explains: "It's emotionally frustrating when you put 16 years of work in and take enormous amounts of ridicule and now you turn the corner and someone is trying to take it all from you." But, he adds guardedly, things are "well on the way to being sorted".

Icke claims to have built up a worldwide following that hangs on his every word. He still spouts his pet rants: that we are ruled by a sinister elite called the Illuminati whose bodies are inhabited by shape-shifting reptiles. The difference is that, apparently, more people now agree with him.

Icke says the tide has turned because his accurate predictions of world devastation and gloom have given him credibility. Channel 5 is to screen a documentary on Boxing Day called David Icke: Was He Right? In January 1999, he wrote that "between 2000 and 2002, the United States will suffer a major attack on a large city". In his 1990 paperback, Truth Vibrations, he declared: "The years after the millennium will see gathering conflict all over the world to the point where the United Nations will be overwhelmed." And in the same book he predicted severe hurricanes around the Gulf of Mexico and New Orleans after 2000. "People think I'm some kind of prophet but I'm not someone who gets my information from the ether," says Icke. "I've been given the coordinates about how things work."

-----------------

Good luck to him - I might not agree with a lot of his stuff, but he's certainly created his own approach and he deserves what that brings.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Channel 5 documentary Reply with quote

David Icke - Was He Right?
A pretty interesting documentary about David Icke that was on Channel 5 here in the UK tonight.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this, channel 5 is not available here. I've help a respect for the guy for a while, I don't think we are ruled by reptiles, but who knows, regarding strawmans girlfriend Condo, she looks more reptilian as the days go by.
anthowell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of his stuff is completely unfounded on anything other imagination, ancedote personal testimony. It is all about charisma and the conviction he is able to convey in his (incredibly-long!) lectures. However, extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. He can produce none, and so will never be taken seriously.
However, trying to stop the guy from speaking or filming seems ridiculous. This, along with the claims of anti-semitism seem to me to make the people involved look utterly ridiculous. Much more so that Icke. He appears to do no harm and very possibly has a mental condition. Therefore, the man deserves to be treated with respect as a human being - which is a completely different thing to dignifying his theory.
Vortex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthowell wrote:
Most of his stuff is completely unfounded on anything other imagination, ancedote personal testimony. It is all about charisma and the conviction he is able to convey in his (incredibly-long!) lectures. However, extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. He can produce none, and so will never be taken seriously.
However, trying to stop the guy from speaking or filming seems ridiculous. This, along with the claims of anti-semitism seem to me to make the people involved look utterly ridiculous. Much more so that Icke. He appears to do no harm and very possibly has a mental condition. Therefore, the man deserves to be treated with respect as a human being - which is a completely different thing to dignifying his theory.
Hello Anthowell,
I think David Icke is alerting us to the fact that there is an evil regime running this planet into the ground, just as much as GG alerts us.
What can he do? Say, "Excuse me Your Majesty, do you mind if I whip out my video camera and record you while you're shape-shifting?"
You can see that evidence is quite hard to obtain.
David is a talented psychic I believe. His statement "son of God" is quite right. We all are.
anthowell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vortex,

I agree that parts of Icke's speeches alert us to the mastery of the few over the many in a compelling way - possibly he can be compared to Galloway in that sense. Galloway is a compelling speaker too. However, he is at his most convincing when he brings his knowledge of history to the table, along with the myriad of evidence of greed and exploitation that brings shame on the coroporate world.

If I told you that I believed the royal family were, in their true form, a family of giant carrots, would you take me at my word? I don't have any photographs of them in carrot-form but, like you say, that sort of evidence is hard to come by.

If we all are the son of god, then great. No offence, but I think that is a bit of a meaningless statement.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthowell wrote:
If we all are the son of god, then great. No offence, but I think that is a bit of a meaningless statement.

Well that was the point that Icke made in his original interview on Wogan that brought him so much trouble, and you're right it is quite meaningless really - but that didn't stop the mass-media picking up on it and using it to attack the guy.

As far as I can see Icke has genuinely learned things that are on a different level from normally discernible facts and throughout history there have been people who have brought this symbolic information to "normal" people; shamens, prophets etc. I'm not saying Icke is a prophet, but he certainly does bring ideas and information to the fore (in an understandable fashion) that most people would never know. For example, I never knew that the symbolism of the Virgin Mary and child was far older than Christianity - being used in, I think (though my memory's not that great on it), the Persian area originally.

I'm not one to believe his reptilian line, but the principle of multiple dimensions has been proven within astronomy so it's not entrely outlandish to believe it is at least possible. I'd rather he stuck to the basic ideas of small groups being in control of the majority of the world's wealth and power - enlightening people who would otherwise be blind to these definite facts.
Vortex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthowell,

Giant carrot family eh? Well that explains one prince I'm thinking of.. Smile
Seriously though, he got into so much hot water over the "son of god" comment on the Wogan show, it's not that meaningless.
Anyway, I'm not ready to believe much about shape-shifters and lizards...or giant carrots LOL, but I admire David Icke for a few reasons. One bigpoint is - he is trying to alert us that our freedom is being taken away. Have a look at the web video "David Icke: Was He Right?" and you'll see him being forced away from a public area whilst video-taping a part of his documentary. Admittedly, it was near the English houses of parliament (I think), and they must be so scared of terrorist surveillance, they pushed him on. This 'fear' is just one effect of entering the war for oil. My apologies if I was abrupt in my previous post.
Cheers,
Vortex
freedomlover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with what he says about the shape shifting reptiles running the world, not only because there isn't enough evidence to support such a theory, but also because it sounds completely mad.
However if you listen to his lectures, he has a lot of knowledge and speaks a lot of truth, its just such a shame that he mixes the truth with the absurd.
anthowell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom lover - The lizard thing does sound completely bonkers. However, some things which sound completely mad turn out to be true, especially in the context of cosmological space and time (which I think is not too dissimilar from what Faceless was saying). Perhaps not that mad, I'll grant you.

Vortex - well, carrots were the first thing that came to mind! I admire him too, in a funny way. That is partly why I take issue with the son of the god statement. It made a splash on Wogan but that was because of the profanity and the perceived narcissism of the comment. Far from objecting to it on religious grounds (atheist talking), I just think the concept is self-defeating; especially if we are all supposed to be the son of god. If we are all divine then divinity ceases to function as a distinction. Actually, maybe it does work!
I share you sentiments entirely on the criminal war for oil. By the way, Brian Haw and David Icke - what a combo eh?!

Faceless - I think he would do well to follow your advice. In fact, I just saw a documentary on him which featured a backstage conversation between him and his wife. He decided to drop the "lizard" theory from a lecture, concentrating on the more convincing material. Perhaps he has worked out it harms him slightly. The world following he has is amazing. I don't think it would be unreasonable to call him a prophet. What he does is not that different from classical prophets - he opens peoples minds to the unthinkable, even the utterly ridiculous. And they follow him.
Darren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point is that he raises issues and get's people talking, nobody can prove he's right or wrong but i do think there is a global conspiracy to control the world, the illuminati as he calls i think is the world bank, they already control the American government and the American government are trying to control the world and have been since the end of the second world war when they took over from the U.K as the dominant empire.
freedomlover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthowell wrote:
Freedom lover - The lizard thing does sound completely bonkers. However, some things which sound completely mad turn out to be true, especially in the context of cosmological space and time (which I think is not too dissimilar from what Faceless was saying). Perhaps not that mad, I'll grant you.

There is not enough evidence however, until there is solid evidence then you will have to believe in on the basis of faith.
That documentary you're talking about is called "was he right" the one shown on channel 5.
They couldn't make a documentary to save their lives, but I was excited to watch any new footage of David Icke.
However personally I could have made a better one myself.
I think he's right about a lot of things, but not everything.
Even he says that you shouldn't agree with him about everything, just look at the evidence and then decide for yourself.

Atleast he is not that big headed.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of truth in what he says, there are also a lot of thought provoking metaphores in use too...

He's not the full picnic basket, but that don't mean that he's not right either.

The illuminati (NWO) is very very real, as are the Skulls etc... & they are all related to each other... basicly the same thing just dif' levels of it.

Maybe 'Reptile people' is a simille or a metaphore for these people, but in his mind they are realy as he describes them.
In my mind, the shapeshifting represents the people of the NWO who sit in high council as one thing yet show themselves as another to the public, same for the royals etc... apply this to his words and even more clarity can be seen in what he says.
Sheffman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... although I find Icke immensely interesting and entertaining, I still believe he is one sandwich short of a picnic.
But I can understand how folks can get sucked in by this stuff. People need to know how and why we live in such an unjust world, and he puts together a compelling case. Fortunately I gained my understanding of the how the world works by reading Marx, Bakunin, Rocker, Chomsky, etc, etc., I say fortunately because I could have discovered Icke first.
It's said "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing" and I think Icke is a perfect example.
Comsatangel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He used to live down the road from me many years ago. Icke was Hereford United's goalkeeper and Hereford is my home town. I met him a couple of times as a young boy and I seem to remember him being a very nice man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: