Body Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty weird: Film fan has 82 portraits of actress Julia Roberts tattooed onto his torso
10th March 2011

Most film enthusiasts would be satisfied with a signed photograph to remind them of their favourite screen idol. But Julia Roberts devotee Miljenko Parserisas Bukovic has opted for something a little more personal to prove his love for the Pretty Woman star.

The newspaper vendor from Valparaiso in Chile has spent the last ten years - and about £1,300 - having 82 portraits of the actress tattooed on his torso and arms. Mr Bukovic, 56, started his collection after watching Miss Roberts' Oscar-winning performance in the film Erin Brockovich. All of his 82 tattoos of the actress are inspired by scenes in the film.

Mr Bukovic said he plans to get more tattoos of the star on his chest, back and arms - as long as there is space and he has the money.

crazed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not often you see a picture of someone on the street with facial tatooes, but here's two... what a charming couple they make!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mexican 'vampire mother' with titanium horns and tattoos on every inch of her body
5th April 2011

She was a trained lawyer from a deeply religious family who married at the age of 17. But Maria Hose Cristerna, a 35-year-old mother of four from Mexico is known as vampire woman after becoming a tattoo artist and taking her body art to the extreme. She says she turned to body art after suffering years of domestic abuse.

She has tattooed almost 100 per cent of her body, had titanium 'horns' implanted into her skull and dental implants that give her 'fangs'. 'The horns I have are a symbol of strength and were implanted without anaesthetic. I had the fangs done because I loved vampires as a little girl and I changed the colour of my eyes so they were how I really wanted them to be,' she told the Sun.

She showed off her looks at a tattoo exhibition in Monterrey, California. But her transformation is not complete. She says she wants to have more titanium horns implanted in the back of her head

She claims to live a 'normal life' at her home in Mexico.

--------------------

run awayyyyyyyyy!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tattoo formula forecasts ageing of body art
Mathematical model uses the way dye moves over time within skin to predict how a tattoo will blur and fade
Emine Sinmaz
guardian.co.uk,
28 April 2011

It may be small comfort if you wake up after a heavy night with a hazy memory and some unsuitable words tattooed across your shoulder, but it is now possible to predict what a piece of body artwork will look like in years or decades hence.

A mathematical model uses the way dye moves over time within skin to predict how a tattoo will blur and fade. The tool may also be some comfort to the handful of celebrities sporting misspelled tattoos in foreign languages. The footballer John Carew can look forward to the day that his "my life, my menstruation" tattoo, which was supposed to read "my life, my rules" in French, will be illegible. Britney Spears, who sports a Chinese tattoo that was supposed to say "mysterious", but instead reads "strange", may be keen to find out when hers will fade.

Tattoos are created by puncturing the skin with a steel needle up to 3,000 times a minute and depositing a drop of insoluble ink into the dermis with each puncture. The indelible markings are not resistant to the effects of ageing, however, and over time the ink particles disperse as the cells that contain them either divide or die and exit the body.

How quickly an image will degrade depends on factors including the tattoo size, detail, location and exposure to the sun. Skin type, age and dye ink will also influence how a tattoo disperses.

Ian Eames, a reader in fluid mechanics at University College London, who has published details of the model in Mathematics Today and , said small details in a tattoo were lost first while thicker lines were less affected, and larger tattoos fared better in appearance than smaller ones. The details of complex patterns are lost after about 10 years.

Eames's model enables him to estimate the movement of ink particles and predict how a particular design will change with time. "The dye spreads in some sense like heat spreading along a metal bar. But the rate of spreading is very, very small and takes many years to spread a few millimetres," he said. This may come as a surprise to the growing number of human canvasses in the UK. Tattoos have become more socially acceptable, with the likes of Samantha Cameron sporting a dolphin on her ankle, and a fifth of all British adults now have tattoos.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindu worshippers in Asia celebrate the festival of Thaipusam with body piercing

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP MA BOAB!!! wow
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Body Painting Festival
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man makes police mugshot statement with 'Fuck You' written on forehead

Patrick Brooks, 21, has become something of an internet sensation after being photographed for a police mugshot with the words 'Fuck You' emblazoned across his forehead.

Brooks was arrested for burglary, forgery and receiving stolen property and his tattoo gave a fairly clear message to the police. He was picked up by the Redding police department and is currently being held without bail in Shasta county jail, after it was revealed he had violated the terms of his parole for a previous conviction.

While Brooks' tattoo is probably endearing him to other inmates in prison, not everyone has been quite so lucky with their choices of body art.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bigger version:

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubbed 'eye jewellery', the bling eyewear sees 18 diamonds studded onto an 18-carat gold plate on a special lens. Created by Shekhar Eye Research in Mumbai, the 'La SER' brand lenses can be custom-made at a cost of $15,000 a pair in four designs.

----------------

There's tat and then there's disgustingly expensive tat.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yakuza
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfan tattoos Justin Bieber's lyrics on leg
The 24 year old hoped that her tattoo would prove her dedication to music, thus landing her VIP tickets offered by MTV to the most devoted fan

Embarassed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatt-poo for cheating
Artist inks excrement on wayward lover's back
29 Nov 2011
thesun.co.uk

A FURIOUS woman is suing her ex-boyfriend after he tattooed a steaming poo on her back. Rossie Brovent wants £60,000 in damages from Ryan Fitzjerald. Rossie, from Dayton, Ohio, US, wanted a scene from the Narnia trilogy inked on her back. Instead she was left with a pile of excrement with flies buzzing around it.

Tattoo artist Ryan turned rogue after discovering that Rossie had cheated on him with his best friend. Rossie originally tried to have her ex-lover charged with assault but she had signed a consent form agreeing the tattoo design was "at the artist's discretion".

She said: "He tricked me by drinking a bottle of cheap wine with me and doing tequila shots before I signed it and got the tattoo. Actually I was passed out for most of the time, and woke up to this horrible image on my back."

---------------

that's pretty bad, but also pretty funny...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs fan gets ENTIRE CAST of Disney film tattooed on her back
Maysa Rawi
3rd February 2012

A Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs fan has paid the ultimate tribute to her favourite film - by having the entire cast of characters etched on her skin. Annfaye Kao, 27, from Taichung, Taiwan, had the intricate art work inked across her whole back in a marathon three month tattoo session. The colourful patchwork of cartoons was inspired by a dream she once had about the fairy tale.

Sporting blue-hair and scarlet lips, Snow White forms the centerpiece while prince charming and evil Queen Grimhilde hover above. Professional tattoo artist Ping meticulously drew and then coloured in the incredible work depicting scenes from the infamous Disney animated movie. The seven dwarves can also be seen happily - except Grumpy - enjoying the rolling green countryside.

And the impressive ink work has even notched Annfaye an award at an international tattoo convention in Singapore. She said: 'It took three months to finish it as it was so detailed. It hurt really badly to get a full one on my whole back. At times I was in such pain that I wanted to hurry it up, but luckily I didn’t give up and got it finished.

'I got an invite shortly afterwards to a tattoo exhibition and of course I came first in the best tattoo competition.' Annfaye - who says Snow White is her favourite ever movie character of all time - said: 'The motive for the tattoo started in a dream. It reminded me of my childhood and my love for Snow White as she is so beautiful. As a child I used to imagine I was Snow White in a fairytale so it seemed like a good thing to have tattooed on my back. Snow White is a part of my childhood and therefore me, so I’m happy I will have it on me forever - it reminds me of my princess dream.'

And Annfaye is adamant her friends and family fully support her. She added: 'Everyone loves it, which makes me feel lucky to have so many understanding and supportive people around me in life. I don’t have a boyfriend but if I was to begin dating I would love him to accept what I have had done and respect my passion for tattoos. If they can’t accept it then we won’t really be compatible people.'

------------------

thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: