Matt Lucas to appeare in Kath and Kim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Matt Lucas to appeare in Kath and Kim Reply with quote

Matt Lucas has landed a role in Australian sitcom Kath And Kim.
He has already made contact with the show?s creators Jane Turner and Gina Riley, who have promised him a part. He told The Sun: ?I don?t know what I?ll be doing yet. There was some possible suggestion that I would play a member of their family, an English cousin or something. I can?t wait. It?s going to be very exciting.?

Lucas, who says he?s a huge fan of the show, will film his scenes when Little Britain tours Australia in January. Executive producer Rick McKenna told Melbourne?s Herald Sun: ?We met Matt through a good friend and he jokingly said he'd love to be in the show. Gina and Jane wrote to him and asked if he was fair dinkum and he said he was.?

Kath And Kim, which airs on Living TV and BBC Two in Britain, has previously attracted Kylie Minogue as a guest star. The show is currently at the centre of a bidding war between Australian broadcasters Seven and Ten after a deal with the publicly-funded ABC expired.

------------------

good stuff - Kath and Kimk never really took off here as I thought it would, but I think that was more down to timing than anything... this should be good though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: