Ricky Gervais to open an animal sanctuary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Ricky Gervais to open an animal sanctuary Reply with quote

Ricky's Flanimal magic

RICKY Gervais plans to open an animal sanctuary ? after admitting he feels guilty over his immense wealth. The 45-year-old comic has made millions from telly hits The Office and Extras. And he admitted: ?I want to open a sanctuary ? only little furry creatures though, not ones that can take your hand off.?

To mark his ambition, we have created a mock-up picture showing how a safari suit-clad Ricky might look in his sanctuary ? complete with a caged adult Mernimbler. Ricky said: ?One day I'd love to live and work in a sanctuary. Nature and animals in particular were my first love. I can't think of anything better than waking up to sprawling countryside filled with wildlife. I?ve never understood how anyone could be cruel to an animal. When a bullfighter gets gored to death, I cheer.?

For now, Ricky will have to make do with the sprawling new home in Hampstead, North West London, he is about to move into with his long-time love, TV producer Jane Fallon. The house has its own pool, and Ricky confessed about his riches: ?I do feel embarrassed and guilty. I don?t really know what to do with all my money. In one of my first corporate appearances, I made more money in 40 minutes than my dad earned in a year.?

He is set to make even more cash as the hit US version of The Office is about to be syndicated to TV stations across America. Ricky went on: ?I was on the red carpet at the Emmys and I joked, ?I can?t wait for it to be syndicated ? even though after taxes we?ll be lucky to clear $100million?. I was only joking. They thought I was serious!?

He also revealed that his debut feature film could be a romantic comedy.

--------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: