"Cyclic Redundancy Error" on hard drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: "Cyclic Redundancy Error" on hard drive Reply with quote

I've had this a few times. It can mean that writing to the drive becomes impossible. But it can be fixed by going to the start button (XP, Windows 7) and typing chkdsk D: /f into the box where it says "search programs and files". Obviously you'd change the D: bit to whichever drive you're having problems with.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful, i had that message on an old drive, i did the chkdsk thing, and it fixed it a few times, but that drive fucked up in the end

i'd start moving data off it if i was you!

if it does die, i found some software called easy recovery professional that managed to save most of the important stuff ( although it was slow )
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I'm kind of expecting it to die soon, so I've saved everything I need. But the program does check for any physical errors, and that came back clean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: