dump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'm sure Kilo wouldn't appreciate it if you dyed him pink! He's beautiful as he is. Watch out for those crazy dog groomers..... Cool
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where they coined the phrase "You look like a drowned Rat". LOL! Excellent!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Rat is the best Laughing
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a stupid place to put a well.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience the ground is the best place for them!
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
In my experience the ground is the best place for them!

Yeah but shouldn't there be a little roof over it and a bucket on a string? cunning
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Rescues Drowning Bear
July 01, 2008

A Florida wildlife officer took his life into his hands when he dived into the sea to save a black bear from drowning. The startled 26 stone (170kg) beast ran into the water after being shot with a tranquiliser dart. Adam Warwick, realising the bear was in danger, stripped to his underwear, dived into the sea and put his arm round the animal's neck to keep its head above water. The fearsome but drowsy creature allowed itself to be rescued and Warwick escaped with a few scratches.

The bear had wandered into a residential area looking for food before being shot with the tranquiliser by a wildlife marksman.

Warwick, 29, who works for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, said: "I was pretty surprised at how big he was. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was a spur of the minute decision. I was swimming toward the bear, trying to prevent him from swimming into deeper water. He was losing function in his arms and legs and was obviously in distress."

Once he had dragged the bear ashore, the beast was loaded on to a truck by a JCB. It was then taken to a forest near Lake City and released. It had apparently been left unharmed by its near-death experience.

------------------

Those pesky bears are in the news again - I think they must have neocon connections!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, if we Floridians aren't screwing up an election, we're saving junkie bears!! What will we think of next! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this monster in our local paper yesterday. Hard to imagine. Our little "shuffle walk" to scare away the sting rays during season certainly wouldn't help us with this guy!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the pictures on the right, especially there wierd fish with the "parasitic" male.

Please keep all your jokes clean.

Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Laughing

It never ceases to amaze me what people will think up. I mean, somebody made those miniature surfboards...!
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Quest to find the world's biggest freshwater fish lands a 6-foot stingray... a mere tiddler!
20th July 2008

At six feet wide, this stingray seems to measure up as a monster of the deep. But if you think it's the king of the stingers, think again. Legend has it that in the rivers of Cambodia there are others with wingspans of 14 feet.

The pictured stingray was caught in the Maeklong River by U.S. biologist Zeb Hogan, 34, who is on a worldwide quest for the largest freshwater fish. Mr Hogan is being guided by Rick Humphreys, a Briton who runs a fishing company in Cambodia. Mr Humphreys has long dreamt of finding an enormous ray and said of this one: 'It's a start. There are a lot bigger ones than that.'

Mr Hogan' research is part of the Megafishes project financed by the National Geographic Society. The three-year project, which started in 2006, aims to document and protect freshwater giants that weigh at least 200 pounds (91 kilograms) or measure 6 feet (1.83 meters) long.

In the past year, Mr Humphreys and his partner, Wuttichai Khuensuwan, have caught 40 rays on the Ban Pakong and Maeklong Rivers, the largest weighing in at 485 pounds (220 kilograms). He says he prefers stingrays because of their fighting prowess - they routinely break fishing lines and one took 15 of his men about six hours to bring to the surface. "Their strength is legendary... When you see them in the flesh, it is quite humbling."

---------------------

Wow - I'm glad we never came across any that big when we were in Grand Cayman. It was scary enough with the ones that were about 4ft across.
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was attacked by an African Grey last week.
I was visiting a mates house for the first time in about 6 months when I heard the sound of feathers in flight then a feckin' parrot clawing at my head. I shat myself. "oh sorry mate, that's her way of saying hello".
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
I was attacked by an African Grey last week.
I was visiting a mates house for the first time in about 6 months when I heard the sound of feathers in flight then a feckin' parrot clawing at my head. I shat myself. "oh sorry mate, that's her way of saying hello".

One should think that with such developed language skills, they could do better than a common mauling.

Sorry to make light of your encounter, Bat. I guess it comes down to wild animals being wild sometimes.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a hoax?! Imagine that... and there was me disspelling the thought that the stuff in the freezer looked like a bear that had been hit by a truck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: