Dean Gaffney - serious head injuries after car crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Dean Gaffney - serious head injuries after car crash Reply with quote

Dean Gaffney in hospital with head injuries after 'serious car smash' in Derby
Lucy Buckland
31 January 2013

Former soap star Dean Gaffney is in hospital following a serious car smash late last night in Derby. The 34-year-old, best known for playing hapless street cleaner Robbie Jackson in EastEnders for a decade, was driving home after performing in the Agatha Christie thriller A Murder Is Announced at Derby Theatre. Father-of-two Gaffney crashed into the central reservation while driving along the A38, and was rushed to hospital in a critical condition before being stabilised.

A spokesperson for Derbyshire Police said: 'We can confirm that a 34-year-old man was involved in a collision on the A38 at around 10.45pm last night. There was just one car involved that hit the central reservation. He was taken to Royal Derby Hospital where he received treatment for head injuries but those injuries aren't thought to be life-threatening.'

Manager Dave Read told MailOnline:'He's got some nasty head injuries but the good news is that he's going to be okay. It was a bad crash and we're grateful it wasn't any worse.' Mr Read did not reveal where the crash happened or if anyone else was injured. Spokeswoman Heidi McKenzie said: 'We regretfully announce that Dean Gaffney, who is currently appearing in A Murder is Announced at Derby Theatre, has been involved in a serious car accident. He is currently being treated in hospital and we are awaiting more news on his condition.

-----------------

Seems like he might have fallen asleep at the wheel - a pal of mine had a very similar-sounding accident years back, but luckily ended up shaken, but not injured.
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that happened to a friend of mine, too! It only takes a second. My friend's car was badly damaged but thankfully he was okay. :-)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, scary. Glad to hear is going to be ok.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary thing to happen...glad to hear that he'll recover.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the blood gush from my head... I pleaded with paramedics: Don’t let me die
COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor
thesun.co.uk
10th Feb 2013

BATTERED Dean Gaffney told last night how he begged paramedics to save his life after a horror car crash that left him bleeding and unconscious. Speaking for the first time since the 40mph smash, the ex-EastEnders star also admitted he wasn’t wearing a seat belt — and confessed: “I’m an idiot. I should be dead.”

Dean, 34, spent four days in hospital after crashing his Mini Cooper on a bend last month. He feared he had brain damage as worried doctors assessed the extent of his injuries — and admitted: “I kept thinking, ‘Oh my god, my career is my face’.”

---------------

I'm sure I'm not the only person reading that who'll chuckle at the idea of his face being his career... haha
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks better than he did 10 years ago but he's not the most attractive guy I've ever seen on TV. LOL. Hey, at least he seems okay. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: