UK nova shut down...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: UK nova shut down... Reply with quote

To the members of UKNova.

UKNova is being forced to change. We have been issued with a "cease and desist" order by FACT (The Federation Against Copyright Theft).

Despite our efforts to cooperate with the UK media companies, FACT have stated: "ALL links or access to content provided by UKNova are infringing, unless it can be proven that explicit permission from the copyright holder for that content has been obtained".

Whilst we believe that they are wrong both legally and morally on account of the strong 'no commercial content' stance that we have always taken, we are not in a position to be able to risk lengthy and costly court battles to prove this. Therefore we have no other option but to close down the trackers. It has not been an easy decision to take, but it is apparently our only option.

---------------

oops.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Face If it was not for BBC America ..many years ago ..I think 8 ( how scary is that ) deciding that they were gonna stop EE at a point when den was making a comeback ...we would actualluy never have met....!!!! me and U with many others were banned tarred and feathered ....lol so it goes

over the years I have just wanted to watch EE and casualty and thats what i have done ....and the bill of course ....So now I am in a place that I have no where to go and watch my fave shows ...cannot remember the last time i got a show from u ? are u gonna ban tar and feather me ? if not how do i get the shows lol .... love U
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah, if they weren't such wankers on that site we'd probably not have met. So I'll thank them for that, the self-important traffic-wardens.

You can get the shows from the soaps/reality tv section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: