Spock and Captain Kirk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Spock and Captain Kirk Reply with quote

I always liked these 2. I favoured the original Star Trek series the most.

Since I've seen William Shatner in his later years on ads and a few shows here and there, I realised he has a wicked sense of humour. He did the Priceline ads and always cracked me up.

Which Star Trek did you like best and who was your fave captain or character in the one you liked?

Jean Luc Picard was a bit hot for a baldy (sorry to any bald guys out there) in Next Generation but Kirk gets my vote for his humour Very Happy

maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we kind of did a who's your fave captain a while back, but personally I like Jean-Luc best.

Kirk in the show was somewhat wooden, but now he parodies himself rather well.

BTW I believe Shatner is going to be roasted on Comedy Central this weekend, so hopefully we'll either get to see it, or download it from somewhere.

I can watch any of the Star Treks and enjoy them, though in order they would be Next Gen, Voyager, Enterprise, TOS, DS9
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Well, we kind of did a who's your fave captain a while back, but personally I like Jean-Luc best.

BTW I believe Shatner is going to be roasted on Comedy Central this weekend, so hopefully we'll either get to see it, or download it from somewhere.

I can watch any of the Star Treks and enjoy them, though in order they would be Next Gen, Voyager, Enterprise, TOS, DS9

I agree with you on the order of preference of shows and that Jean-Luc was the best captain. There's just something about his voice... very commanding and well modulated.

Patrick Stewart actually narrated a documentary several years ago called "The Secrets of Life on Earth" and it was quite good. Saw it at our IMAX theatre but I believe it's out on DVD/video if you have the opportunity to catch it.

And I agree with you Irish regarding Bill Shatner's sense of humour. Some of those adds for the fibre cereal are hilarious! I personally like the one where you hear him grunting and groaning in the bathroom only to discover that he's lifting weights and not doing some bodily function..... hey! If anyone can get a clip of this, it would be great!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: The Shat hits the fan this Sunday! Reply with quote

The Shat hits the fan this Sunday!

Comedy Central to Roast William Shatner this Sunday, 20 August

It's William Shatner's turn to step in to the celebrity hot seat for the latest installment of The Comedy Central Roast. A parade of Shatner's friends have gotten together to boldly go where no one has gone before: on William Shatner's sh*tlist. Tune in as some of Shatner's closest friends hang out, have a few drinks, listen to a live performance by one of the hottest bands around, and then spend ninety minutes ridiculing and insulting the man behind Captain Kirk. So sit back and enjoy the night of insults as Shatner's tries not to lose his cool - or his toupee!

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/roast_shatner/index.jhtml
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
maycm wrote:

I agree with you on the order of preference of shows and that Jean-Luc was the best captain. There's just something about his voice... very commanding and well modulated.

Patrick Stewart actually narrated a documentary several years ago called "The Secrets of Life on Earth" and it was quite good. Saw it at our IMAX theatre but I believe it's out on DVD/video if you have the opportunity to catch it.

And I agree with you Irish regarding Bill Shatner's sense of humour. Some of those adds for the fibre cereal are hilarious! I personally like the one where you hear him grunting and groaning in the bathroom only to discover that he's lifting weights and not doing some bodily function..... hey! If anyone can get a clip of this, it would be great!

I have that IMAX film on dvd along with quite a few others. I remember that quite clearly and he did a great job as his voice suits stuff like that.

I know the ad you're talking about with the cereal. Anytime I see him in one it gets my attention just because he's in it.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Here are my 2 fave "Star Trek" jokes:

(1) What do the Star Trek Enterprise and toilet paper have in common?

They both circle Uranus in search of Klingons!

*bdum tish*

(2) Four members of the Starship Enterprise beam down to inspect a new planet: Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Red-Shirt Security Man. Who dies?

The Red-Shirt Security Man, of course!

*bdum tish*

clap clap
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Laughing

*bdum tish*

(2) Four members of the Starship Enterprise beam down to inspect a new planet: Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Red-Shirt Security Man. Who dies?

*bdum tish*

clap clap

cute lol clap
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as we're wheeling out the oldies....

How many ears does Captain Kirk have?
Three! A left ear, a right ear and a final front ear.

...and when I was a kid we had all sorts of "Captains Log" jokes.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does a Romulan frog use for camouflage?
A croaking device.

What did Spock find in the Enterprise toilets?
The captain's log.

Sad
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderfully awful!

BTW IRiSH, I think the little emoticon fellow above is looking down your shirt. Shocked
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Wonderfully awful!

BTW IRiSH, I think the little emoticon fellow above is looking down your shirt. Shocked

Why that dirty lil yoke Mad I'll sort him!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Laughing

*bdum tish*

*bdum tish*

clap clap

Good ones! And very true about the Red-shirt security man Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: