SKY news anchor grabs rival by the throat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: SKY news anchor grabs rival by the throat Reply with quote

The incredible moment Sky TV presenter Kay Burley grabbed a rival by the throat and pinned her to a wall
By Caroline Grant
20th June 2008

TV presenter Kay Burley pinned a rival against a wall after tensions exploded when photographers clamoured to get a shot of supermodel Naomi Campbell arriving at court. The Sky News reporter can been seen with her hand around the throat of a photographer, thought to be Kirsty Wigglesworth, as the media scrum tried desperately to get a shot of the feisty model.

The pair can be seen jostling for position as Campbell arrived at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court after admitting kicking and spitting at a police officer. Witnesses say that Burley was hit in the face with a camera as photographers raced to get a picture of the 38-year-old model. One onlooker said Ms Burley may have suffered a fractured cheek bone in the fracas.

The veteran presenter usually anchors Afternoon Live With Kay Burley and is the only remaining presenter from the original Sky News line-up. The 46-year-old has worked on some of the biggest news events in recent years.

A photographer outside the court building said that he saw Burley and Wigglesworth arguing and shouting. "All I saw was Burley with her hands around Kirsty's throat. There was a bit of a melee outside and everyone was shouting. They were arguing afterwards. It appears that Burley got a bit angry. I spoke to Kirsty and she said she did nothing that she's aware of, but that's understandable as we were all shouting and stepping on toes."

Another eyewitness said: "What happened was, she (Wigglesworth) whacked Kay in the face, I think she's going to have quite a shiner in the morning, and Kay grabbed to stop her. She was trying to defend herself." "Kay has a suspected fractured cheekbone and a bad cut on her forehead,' said another witness. "We were walking in alongside Naomi and basically, Kay got whacked in the face by a photographer. Kay pushed back the photographer after she had her cheekbone smashed by this person. The photographer's aggressive behaviour was extraordinary. Kay is badly injured and may have to be treated in hospital for a suspected fracture on her cheekbone. She was in such a bad way that I think even Naomi noticed in the courtroom."

Top photographer Wigglesworth has worked for leading news agencies, including Press Association and Associated Press (AP). An AP spokesman said today that it was company policy not to comment on this type of case. Prior to joining Sky News, Burley worked for the Sunday Mirror and TV-am as well as local radio and television stations. She began her career on a local newspaper in Wigan. Last year, Burley starred in the ITV programme, Dancing On Ice.

-----------------

Just goes to show what a bunch of pointless existences these 'journalists' live if they're going to come to blows over someone as painfully insignificant as Naomi fecking Campbell!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear God! Over Naomi Campbell? What the hell? How this qualifies them as journalists or covering news is beyond me. What disgusting behavior.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first instinct that the image brings to mind is: eye-gouge. This must stem from my schooling in the ancient Chinese arts.

But if the throat grasp was a defensive move after being smashed in the cheek, then the Sky news reporter-babe may be entirely justified in woman-handling the blonde paparazzi-babe. Either way, it's a pretty hot story.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise words Major... haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this make it grab throat journalism rather than cut throat?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Does this make it grab throat journalism rather than cut throat?

Laughing Nice one! I think you've invented a new coined term! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay Burley may face legal action
After the battle of Uxbridge court, Sky anchor goes to Ascot as ‘victim’ visits hospital
By Daniel Cochlin and James Tapper
22nd June 2008

Sky News presenter Kay Burley could face legal action after she allegedly grabbed a photographer by the neck. Friends of Kirsty Wigglesworth say she is taking advice from lawyers amid claims that her throat was injured in what her bosses described as ‘an unprovoked and inexcusable attack’.

The pair clashed during a frantic media scrum when Naomi Campbell arrived at court on Friday to admit assaulting two police officers in an air rage attack at Heathrow Airport. Miss Burley, 46, reacted after being hit in the cheek by a camera during a scuffle as about 100 journalists tried to get a view of the supermodel outside Uxbridge Magistrates Court in West London. Pictures taken after the fracas showed large red marks around Miss Wigglesworth’s throat.

The award-winning photographer with international news agency The Associated Press was yesterday in tears as a friend took her to hospital from her West London home. She was wearing an orange scarf around her neck as she left her flat. Miss Wigglesworth said: ‘They’ve got all the TV footage and it’s quite obvious from that what has happened. I’m going to hospital now and I haven’t had any sleep. I’ve been advised not to comment any further.’ Her friend said: ‘Kirsty’s very upset and I’m just about to take her to hospital to have her neck examined. You’ve seen all the footage and she’s been advised not to comment until she’s sought legal advice.’

Meanwhile, Miss Burley appeared with a black eye when enjoying a day racing at Royal Ascot. Wearing a black dress and hat, she was also sporting a large bruise to the right side of her face. She spent several hours at the private Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on Friday after the altercation.

The Sky News anchor had been walking next to Campbell as the model emerged from her court case. During the scrum, a camera accidentally hit Miss Burley on her right cheek. She then grabbed Miss Wigglesworth around the throat in the middle of the astonished Press pack. Other photographers who saw the incident said Miss Wigglesworth was left with bruises to her throat.

As she left her £1.75million home in Harrow, North West London, Miss Burley was unwilling to say anything about the fight. On Friday she said: ‘As far as I am aware I did not put my hands around her neck. I was hit in the face with a camera. Like anyone else would do I just put my hands up. If I did anything else, I apologise.’

A Sky News spokesman added: 'Kay Burley was provoked by a hard hit to the face with a camera. She has already said that if she did any more than put her hands up, then she apologises.' The Associated Press said: ‘Kirsty is absolutely sure that she’s not the person who bumped Ms Burley with a camera. She was the victim of an unprovoked and inexcusable attack.’

-----------------
crisalex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey frndz I want info about some famous news anchors plz help…
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use google
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: