Mail worker's stuffed socks give away bank job

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Mail worker's stuffed socks give away bank job Reply with quote

Doesn't eveyone take a little something home from work.....

A man in the United States who was caught with millions of dollars in stolen cheques stuffed inside his socks has admitted being part of a conspiracy to rob one of the country's biggest banks.

Gregory Halley, who worked as a mailroom clerk, faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.

Halley, 38, was arrested in April as he finished his shift at a J P Morgan Chase building in Brooklyn.

Prosecutors said he had about 40 cheques worth about $US4 million stuffed inside his socks.

The building he worked in processed cheques for large corporate customers.

The prosecution said from 2005 until his arrest in April, Halley hid several dozen cheques at a time in his clothes and took them home.

He then sold them on to other criminals in exchange for cash.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mail worker's stuffed socks give away bank job Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
Doesn't eveyone take a little something home from work.....

A man in the United States who was caught with millions of dollars in stolen cheques stuffed inside his socks has admitted being part of a conspiracy to rob one of the country's biggest banks.

Gregory Halley, who worked as a mailroom clerk, faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.

Halley, 38, was arrested in April as he finished his shift at a J P Morgan Chase building in Brooklyn.

Prosecutors said he had about 40 cheques worth about $US4 million stuffed inside his socks.

The building he worked in processed cheques for large corporate customers.

The prosecution said from 2005 until his arrest in April, Halley hid several dozen cheques at a time in his clothes and took them home.

He then sold them on to other criminals in exchange for cash.

Interesting concept.... stuffing your socks with money/cheques. Now, as a nurse I've taken some interesting things home in my pockets (suppository!) but only because I'd forgotten to empty them before I left and by the time I remembered, I'd be half way home. Smile
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socks!?!?! Surely the accused could have been a little more creative with where the "stash" was stored! I'm sure our resident nurse has heard hundreds of stories that always end with..."and I have no IDEA how it got up 'there'!!" Laughing Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Socks!?!?! Surely the accused could have been a little more creative with where the "stash" was stored! I'm sure our resident nurse has heard hundreds of stories that always end with..."and I have no IDEA how it got up 'there'!!" Laughing Laughing

LOL! Yah, like the toy car up the butt ("I just woke up and it was there!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: