IDF soldier posting pics of Palestinian arrests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: IDF soldier posting pics of Palestinian arrests Reply with quote

'I would gladly kill Arabs - even slaughter them'
In new bid to defend publishing controversial images, former IDF soldier Eden Abergil writes on Facebook 'In war there are no rules.'
Haaretz
19th August 2010

Eden Abergil, the former Israel Defense Forces soldier who has been criticized for publishing controversial images on Facebook, allegedly wrote on her Facebook page on Thursday that she would "gladly kill Arabs – even slaughter them." "In war there are no rules," Abergil allegedly wrote on the wall of her profile page on the social network Facebook.

A comment attached to one of the photos of the soldier smiling in front of two blindfold men and posted by one of Abergil's friends read "That looks really sexy for you," with Abergil's response reading: "I wonder if he is on Facebook too – I'll have to tag him in the photo."

Abergil responded on Facebook to an image in which a women was pasted instead of the Palestinian prisoners in the original images, saying that it was not funny and that she would not let anyone ruin her "perfect life." "I can't allow Arab lovers to ruin the perfect life I lead," she allegedly wrote. "I am not sorry and I don’t regret it. I am in favor of a Jewish-Zionist State," she added. "I defend what has been rightfully mine for ages," she wrote.

During an Army Radio interview on Tuesday, Abergil repeatedly said that it had never occurred to her that "the picture would be problematic," asking interviewer Ilana Dayan whether the media asked for detainees permission when they film them. Referring to the possibility that the images could injure Israel's image in the international arena, Abergil said: "We will always be attacked. Whatever we do, we will always be attacked."

On Monday, the IDF spokesman issued its response to the photographs, saying that "on the face of it the behavior exhibited by the soldier is base and crude." The head of the Public Committee Against Torture, Ishai Menuchin, also commented, saying that "these terrible photographs reflect a norm in the way Palestinians are viewed, as an object and not as humans. It is an attitude that ignores their feelings as humans and their individual rights."

------------------

I wonder what the Hebrew word is for 'cunt'?
iraqia_Jasmin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: