Mel Gibson arrested on suspicion of DUI
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Mel Gibson arrested on suspicion of DUI Reply with quote

LOS ANGELES, California -- Actor and director Mel Gibson was arrested Friday in Malibu, California, on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over early Friday while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore. Officers on patrol reported Gibson was driving at an "excessively fast speed," he said.

Police said his blood-alcohol content was .12. The legal limit is .08.

Gibson was taken into custody and posted $5,000 bond for his release, Whitmore said.

Gibson was not immediately available for comment.

Gibson, who acted in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" movie series, won an Oscar for directing 1995's Oscar-winning best picture "Braveheart."

He reportedly financed the controversial movie "The Passion of the Christ" (2004), which he also directed, with $25 million of his own money. The film made $370 million at the domestic box office and ranks No. 10 on the all-time box office list. "Passion of the Christ" was nominated for three Academy Awards.

Gibson's latest movie, "Apocalypto," set in the Mayan civilization of several centuries ago, is due in December.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is more on this story that I was just reading as well.

Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up

TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is f****d." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" Deputy Mee.

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell.

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

Gibson's rep Alan Nierob tells TMZ: "We are unaware of any of the information you mentioned in your email pertaining to a police report."

Click to see portions of the original report here:

http://cdn.digitalcity.com/tmz_documents/gibson_wm_docs_072806.pdf
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the legal limit is 0.08? you could probably absorb that much using mouthwash!

Here the limit is 0.40 - not that I'd actually feel comfortable with a couple of glasses of wine in my system before driving...
fritz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What or who is TMZ?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really doesn't surprise me. He's a pretty good actor but in all honesty I've always found him to be scummy and a bit of an ass. After the way he treated his wife and the way he talks I wouldn't put much past him.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to really like him many years ago but he's turned so weird lately. I say they should have locked him up for a lot longer. It will be interesting to see how his publicist puts a spin on this. Likely they'll say he was on prescription medication or something and didn't know what he was saying.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
It really doesn't surprise me. He's a pretty good actor but in all honesty I've always found him to be scummy and a bit of an ass. After the way he treated his wife and the way he talks I wouldn't put much past him.

What did he do to his wife? I've not heard anything about that.

I always thought he had a good long lasting marriage and lots of kiddies.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritz wrote:
What or who is TMZ?

http://www.tmz.com :tophat:
fritz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Irish.I learn something new every day.Great site. thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritz wrote:
Thank you Irish.I learn something new every day.Great site. thumbs

Your welcome fritz and nice irish in the shoutbox awwww ye cutiepie Embarassed
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
Skylace wrote:

He had quite a few affairs on her and was expecting her to take care of the kids full time without lifting much of a finger to help. She put her foot down before the last one was born and said basically "Stop cheating and help me with the kids or I'm leaving".
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Ally wrote:
Skylace wrote:

He had quite a few affairs on her and was expecting her to take care of the kids full time without lifting much of a finger to help. She put her foot down before the last one was born and said basically "Stop cheating and help me with the kids or I'm leaving".

He is an alcoholic and I expect that played a part in his bad judgement. Seems like he sorted himself out but this recent episode shows a relapse. Apparently he's issued an apology. I hope he sorts himself out. Sounds like he has a strong and faithful wife that he should respect more.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving

Oscar-winning director and actor Mel Gibson apologized on Saturday for driving while drunk and for his "belligerent behavior" toward the deputy sheriffs who arrested him.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable," he said in a statement issued by his publicist.

Gibson, 50, was arrested in the early hours of Friday morning for speeding along the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, the beach town north of Los Angeles.

"I am deeply ashamed of everything I said, and I apologize to anyone who I have offended," Gibson said.

He did not explain the offensive comments, and a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department also declined to comment on Gibson's behavior when arrested.

Gibson, 50, whose 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ" was a smash hit, said he has "battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

He said he has already taken the steps necessary to ensure a return to health.

The actor rocketed to fame in the late 1970s in the movie "Mad Max" and scored huge box office hits playing a cop in the "Lethal Weapon" movies.

In 1995, he acted in and directed "Braveheart," about 13th century Scottish rebel William Wallace. The movie earned 10 Oscar nominations and won five of the top film awards, including directing for Gibson and best picture of the year.

Gibson used his own money to make "Passion," about the last hours in the life of Jesus Christ, because no Hollywood studio would back him. The 2004 film went on to be a major hit and gross more than $611 million at global box offices.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving

They always issue an apology. I just hope his was sincere. However, I still think he doesn't like Jews one bit. no
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read last night that he said he was ashamed of it.

What a donkey!

dancer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: