facebook account disabled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpt from a chat session with the guy who started facebook, just after it started...

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb fucks.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/well-these-new-zuckerberg-ims-wont-help-facebooks-privacy-problems-2010-5#ixzz0o89cXPdN
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have extensive experience working on a regular and retained basis to help companies blog, tweet, and use social media effectively. From content creation to editing to advisory work. At present I’m working with companies in France, India, the UK, and Czech Republic on their blogging on social media requirements.

(quote from his website at: http://www.markhillary.com/Blogging.html )

Yeah right, so he's helping these corporations in 'using social media effectively' yet doesn't know when he's on a warning from youtube? I'd have advised him to keep his trap shut rather than go to the BBC with his story...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is quite interesting - it searches information posted about any specific subject via individual profiles.

http://youropenbook.org/

An open book indeed...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FACE INVADERS
By LAUREN CROOKS
July 21st 2010
The Sun

WORRIED cops tried to smash down a dad's door after he quit Facebook with the message "Had enough of this s**t. Time to say goodbye." Rab Alexander, 46, deleted his account with the social networking site after spending too much time online.

But he sparked PANIC among his cyber pals when he left his farewell sign-off. They rang the police who raced round to the dad-of-two's home in Dundee at 11.30pm on Monday fearing he could have harmed himself. And when he didn't answer, officers began forcing their way in to his flat - not realising that Rab was in bed FAST ASLEEP.

Last night he said: "I'd been using Facebook too much because I had been ill last week. I got fed up of it so I decided to cancel it and changed my status so my friends would know I wasn't going to be on any more. Then I was woken by banging and looked outside to see police cars. I had no idea what was going on. They were kicking my door, shouting my name and there was a joiner trying to unscrew the locks to get in. When they explained it was because of my Facebook message, I was gobsmacked. Eventually I convinced them I was okay and they could go. I'm not suicidal and never have been. I'd no idea my message would get this kind of reaction."

Angry Rab claims he now faces eviction from a landlord who said the noise disturbed his neighbours. He said: "My landlord wants to evict me because the noise woke the whole close. So I could end up homeless - just because I couldn't be bothered with Facebook any more."

Last night a Tayside Police spokeswoman said: "We were contacted on Monday night by a woman who was extremely concerned about the wellbeing of her friend after he had left a disturbing status message on a social networking site. Officers attended at his home and after repeated knocking with no response, they forced entry. The man was found safe and well within his home. It would appear to have been a false alarm, albeit with good intent."

----------------------

He should be happy that his 'friends' cared about him! As for his landlord chucking him out - bollocks!
iraqia_Jasmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminals are Using Facebook to Deliver Teenage Death Threats

This is probably free advertising that social website Facebook would rather not have had. A “hit list” from a small town in Columbia calling for the murders of teenagers and women, among others, had been posted on Facebook just days before and after three murders took place. At first, the “hit list” was so outrageous people did not take it to be a serious threat, but as it turned out it was all too real.

Columbia’s drug trade and drug traffickers have been long notorious for their brutality, but now that “teens” are being thrown into the fray, one wonders just how desperate the drug trade has become, as traffickers could be the ones responsible for killing youngsters who may have attempted to threaten their livelihoods.
Officials confirmed that a “hit list” was posted on Facebook that had the names of 69 people, warning those that made the unfortunate list to either leave town or accept the alternative. The alternative, of course, was death for not heeding the warning. This was not a joke but a very real threat because three teenage boys whose names were posted on the list were in fact killed in the southwestern Colombian town of Puerto Asis, officials confirmed. Police admit that they have no inkling where or from whom the list came.

Police have made some educated guesses by taking into consideration the criminal element residing in the area. Two dangerous groups known for their illicit activities, the Los Rastrojos, a gang of outlaws, and a Marxist guerrilla band, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, often buck heads while fighting each other for territory dominance.
When the hit list made its appearance on Facebook, the instructions were explicit. On August 17, the unfortunates who made the list were instructed to either leave the town of Puerto Asis within the next three days or face execution.

After a first list, a second followed with 31 names added to the original 69. But this time the authorities did not treat the “hit list” with such nonchalance; they instead took it quite serious and arranged to meet with special security forces to try and find out who or what group(s) are responsible.

Notably the list came following the deaths of two teenagers who were murdered days earlier, on August 15, but the first list did not appear on Facebook until August 17. One could guess that the teenagers were warned beforehand and took no heed to the warning because when the list arrived for all to see their names were listed, but they had already been murdered. Perhaps the list is a warning that whoever is behind the ominous threats are not merely threatening to scare people but to let it be known that those named should either follow instructions or wind up another sad statistic.

When the “hit list” appeared on the 17th, the two teenage boys who were named had already been shot and killed while traveling on their motor scooters two days earlier. A third young man, a 19-year-old, was killed on August 20, and his name too was among those listed.

Since the hit list is obvious not a joke, the inhabitants of Puerto Asis have grown more worried, fearing for their life or the lives of a loved one. Parents whose children have appeared on the list are sending them out of town, since the earlier deaths of their peers were murdered in cold blood.

Most disturbing is that the second list that appeared with 31 names added had many women’s names included. The media has reported that the town’s residents are more than upset over these lists of names and are imploring most emphatically for officials to find and arrest those responsible before more innocent people are gunned down in cold blood.

But federal officials say they are doing all they can to protect the area’s inhabitants and are taking the threats very seriously and have even brought Internet experts onto the case to hopefully find out the origin of the site issuing the list onto Facebook. In addition, a monetary award for any information has been offered in the amount of $2,750, but still no leads.

When representatives from Facebook were left a message this past Tuesday to respond to the “hit list” postings, no one from the social media website has even attempted thus far to reach the Columbian media with a statement.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook allowed to trademark the word 'face' in clampdown on copycat websites
Daniel Bates
24th November 2010

Facebook has launched an audacious bid to trademark the word ‘face’. The social networking site put in the application because it wants to stop other companies using the term in a way which damages its own brand.

The first stage of the bid has been approved and, provided they complete all the paperwork, the full trademark will be rubber stamped by the U.S. Patent Office in six months time. Patent lawyers had doubted that Facebook would be granted the trademark to such a generic term as ‘face’. The move is also likely to raise further questions over the company’s motives and raise more suspicion over its long-term goals.

With more than 500million users worldwide, Facebook is by far the world’s largest social networking site. But it has been dogged by criticism of its privacy policy and attacked for its slow response to claims that it encourages abuse.

The application was lodged with the U.S. Patent And Trademark Office which awarded it a Notice of Allowance, the first step to full approval. Over the next six months Facebook will have to demonstrate it is using the trademark and file a Statement of Use, the next phase, ahead of final approval.

Facebook’s application does however limit the terms of its trademark to specific situations related to its business, so the general public will still be able to use ‘face’ without fear of breaking the law. In Facebook’s case, it only applies to: ‘Telecommunication services, namely, providing online chat rooms and electronic bulletin boards for transmission of messages among computer users in the field of general interest and concerning social and entertainment subject matter.’

So long as Facebook pays the necessary fees, the application is likely to go through without objection, officials said. The U.S. Patent And Trademark Office has already allowed a period for objections and none were raised. Facebook has refused to comment.

But in a curious twist, an application was lodged by former Harvard student Aaron Greenspan, who sued Facebook claiming founder Mark Zuckerberg stole the idea for the website from him, to extend the amount of time during which objections to the patent could be raised. Mr Greenspan did not eventually raise any objections, but his intervention shows that ill feeling between him and the company remains undiminished.

----------------------

Now I wish I'd registered faceless.com all those years back when it was available! Still, I've got evidence of having used the name as a front for forums etc since about 2001, so they can feck off!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right and we'll all be your witnesses! :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new account which I made about 5 months ago has now been disabled too... I'd not heard a thing from them since opening it, but they sent three warnings within one minute earlier today and then closed the account.

I wrote asking them how it can be fair to not even give a person a chance to respond to a warning, so that'll be another few weeks wasted I'm sure...

It's more annoying this time as I had made some good anti-war friends on there
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha
reject

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wankahs.. just lost another a/c.....
feckin censorship I was punting around the illegal arrests of a couple of friends pre the fecking wedding.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOli98fgBP0

lol... and i was trying to be so apolitical previously!!!!

fecking brits!!!! over 2000 contacts lost including Mr. Faceless.... thank fully i have a micky mouse a/c sent up for homeless stuff...

lesson learned... set up a few a/cs if you are political... and back up contacts *facepalm*
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed your account seemed to disappear last night - it was odd for sure. It's not completely disappeared though - you still show in the search results, but no connection after that
modern

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reject

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wiki.openrightsgroup.org/wiki/FB_takedowns
At least im in good company!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: