facebook account disabled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like FB. It is a great way to keep up with my friends overseas. I set the privacy settings, so I choose who sees my pics. Not that I don't love you guys...xxoo
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use FB as well Spurs. For me it's just an easy way to stay in touch with friends and family so spread out. I also have my privacy settings done so only people I am friends with on there can see me. I also don't put up every little thing and I avoid apps.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was banned from another site today... oops!

It was an old retro site for a computer from the 80s. Someone was claiming to be 16 years old and they all seemed to believe it. I made a couple of sarky comments and then the floodgates holding back the desperate dreams of a whole realm of 40+ year old geeks opened ... Apparently I'm an evil troll for pointing out the bleedin' obvious.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was Just wondering ??? if I put in my status in facebook " The Only true Americans are Native American Indians "

Do U think I may get deleted too ?????
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends how many people report you... if you were to go to one of the many mental hormone-traps that say things like 'ALL SOLDIERS ARE AMERICAN HEROES, AND I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DISAGREE' then you could probably guarantee it! haha
reject

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feel for u Mr Face..
Just had my a/c disabled for some reason.... feckin well annoying as a lot of my 'activism' contacts are there... I have followed the requisite complaint procedures, but not holding me breath.. feckin dickwads...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they shuold reply, but it might take a week or more. They won't tell you exactly what the problem is (that would be too helpful) but they will hint at it...

Had you been saying stuff that was contentious? By that I mean anything that questions in any way the manner in which Western governments behave... if it's non-Western governments you'll be fine of course.
reject

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my postings could be construed as 'contentious' I guess.. when you are involved in 'anti-poverty' stuff it goes with the territory..

Just is gonna be a bugger re-connecting with the networks again etc... and getting that influx of info

Funny enough the night before i was 'disabled' I had a friendship request from captain hook aka abu hamzu!!! which i politely declined lol

ah well just have to see what happens... luckily enough i set up a homeless group a awhile ago there, which most of me contacts are members off... I've lost all privileges natch but others are admining....

World Homeless day http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=252124162444
Mixxa

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is like Harriet Harman. I sometimes fancy a go on it, usually when I've had a few drinks, but deep down I know it's a very bad idea.
reject

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received that mail asking for all the Photo ID.. which i don't have any!
Did you get any joy with getting your FB a/c back without it? I have other ID but not the stuff they wont.. its good enough for the Post office to cash me giro, but I'm not too happy revealing so much personal details...
Unfortunately I really need me FB a/c back!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no joy, so I wrote to them again and they sent the same bloody stock-email out again.

I've asked them to forward my reply to someone who's allowed to think and not just read a script. Arsehole corporate twats the lot of them.
Ash

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try some subversive methods - like telling BBC that you're suspecting that facebook is monitoring your account on someone else's behalf or similar weird shits like that...Sometimes these things work.
reject

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Love your style.. as it goes have heaps of media contacts.. But its not really the matter in hand..
I choose to use an anon personae, which isn't against any FB rules.. they now want personal info without giving justified reasoning as far as I'm concerned..
These are the same people who give their 400 million members info (some people give a ridiculous amount of personal info) away to third parties without any permissions...
Ah well see how it pans out...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally seem to have got talking with someone who's not a complete robot, and she's saying that it will be ok if I send a copy of a library card or something similar...

I'll see what I can find
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movie depicts seamy life of Facebook boss
The 26-year-old billionaire, who is already under fire for his website’s abuse of privacy, now faces ridicule

JUST as he hoped to clean up his image, Mark Zuckerberg, the inventor of Facebook, is to be portrayed in a Hollywood film as a ruthless and untrustworthy sex maniac.

The website and its 400m users have been beset in the past week by rows over changes to its privacy settings. However, they have nothing on the invasion of privacy facing Zuckerberg in a £40m black comedy called The Social Network, adapted from The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich, with a screenplay by Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing.

Six years ago Zuckerber created what was to become the internet phenomenon Facebook in a “tidal wave” of grief after being dumped by his girlfriend. On Friday, as Zuckerberg celebrated his 26th birthday, he faced another tsunami of anger, this time from Facebook users who turned the socially awkward youth into the world’s youngest billionaire.

Zuckerberg wanted to enjoy his birthday in the Caribbean. Instead, the pale-faced supergeek is spending the weekend in crisis meetings in California, seeking ways to calm many of Facebook’s users who fear that website changes mean he is going to sell details of their on-line lives to the highest bidder. A horrified Zuckerberg told colleagues he wants to establish himself as a “good guy”, a task made more difficult as the draft script of the film leaked online.

The Social Network is a highly dramatised version told in flashbacks recalled in the drama of a court hearing. The film, set for release in October, opens on the night of February 4, 2004 when Zuckerberg, then 19, is seen to be dumped in a Harvard bar by his girlfriend, Erica. She tells him he will “go through life thinking that girls don’t like you because you’re a tech geek”. The reality, she says, is rather more upsetting: “I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won’t be true. It’ll be because you’re an asshole.”

In the film Zuckerberg retreats to his college dormitory where, in a drunken fever, he writes the computer code turning Harvard’s annual collection of student photographs and biographies into a website where he and his male friends rank Harvard women as barnyard animals. Thirty minutes after “Thefacebook” goes live, it is so popular that it crashes Harvard’s computer network.

The film shows how Zuckerberg, played by Jesse Eisenberg, also 26, drops out of college and moves to Silicon Valley in California where he builds Facebook with Sean Parker, co-founder of the music piracy site Napster, played in the film by Justin Timberlake, 29. The early operation was funded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, twins who were stars of the Harvard rowing team. They commissioned Zuckerberg to expand the Facebook code to create a social networking site for their athletic friends.

Zuckerberg agreed but, according to the film, as Facebook catches fire across American colleges, he cuts them out. This leads to a court battle, which in 2008 reportedly ended with the twins being awarded $65m (£44m) by a Delaware judge. The twins, who competed in the 2008 Beijing Olympics coxless pairs race, are now studying for business MBAs at Christ Church, Oxford. Last month they rowed for the Dark Blues in the Boat Race against Cambridge, which Oxford lost.

The film claims that after Zuckerberg quit Harvard his personal life spun out of control, with Parker helping him indulge his fantasies with a stream of “groupies”. Sorkin’s screenplay suggests Parker knew Zuckerberg was driven not just by money or fame but also sexual insecurity. While he is depicted as receiving sex in bars, Parker runs the business. Yet Zuckerberg may have had the last laugh: Parker sold his share of the firm for about $200m. But, says Forbes, Zuckerberg is now worth $4 billion.

Critics who have seen the draft script for the film, which is being produced by Kevin Spacey, artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London, and directed by David Fincher, say it portrays Zuckerberg as a “borderline-autistic conniver”.

----------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: