Sharing on Azureus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Sharing on Azureus Reply with quote

Can anyone help me please. I had a virus and had to have the computer re-formatted. Am gradually getting stuff loaded back on but have a problem with Azureus - it seems to be downloading ok but isn't sharing. It also keeps closing itself down - I leave the system on 24 - 7 and also leave Azureus open at all times. I had the odd problem with Azureus shutting down for no reason before but not as much as it is now and also it was sharing fine before.

Would appreciate any solutions.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall there is a requirement of Azureus to have the latest version of Java installed. Maybe that is a source of the problem?

Either way Az is a memroy hog and may I make so bold as to recommend you switch to uTorrent.

It has the same sort of look an feel but is very compact and reliable. Pretty much the same features too.

Just my 2c.
lilycup

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This probably won't help, but if I am doing a lot of things on my computer and haven't got a lot of memory, Azureus will shut down without warning.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - will look into utorrent and give it a try - cheers for the replies xx
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharing on Azureus Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Can anyone help me please. I had a virus and had to have the computer re-formatted. Am gradually getting stuff loaded back on but have a problem with Azureus - it seems to be downloading ok but isn't sharing. It also keeps closing itself down - I leave the system on 24 - 7 and also leave Azureus open at all times. I had the odd problem with Azureus shutting down for no reason before but not as much as it is now and also it was sharing fine before.

Would appreciate any solutions.

Maybe it's related to your firewall or router if you use one.

Also are you connectable?

I use Azureus and haven't had any problems with it shutting down like that. I like some of the features on it, but for the most part don't use the majority of them.

A lot of people here recommend uTorrent and I've been interested to see if it would benefit me somehow but I don't like changing clients so haven't bothered yet.

Let me know how it works out for you.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a random thought, but could be memory issues causing the crash, old or duff memory...do a google for "Memtest"...should be a free dos based tester to check your memory out...

As for uTorrent, it's a good and solid client, but it's just as big a memory hog if your running lots of torrents as Azu tbh, if you've got 5-6 in the client, even if there shut, so no different to Azu...and there's no safe peer plugin in for it, but people should have peer guardian running anyway if there in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: