Pork, chorizo and bean stew

View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Pork, chorizo and bean stew Reply with quote

I don't have an exact recipe for this, its just something make up as I go along and probably never make it the same way twice.

Stuff

800g of shoulder pork, diced (1 inch cubes)
300g chorizo, diced into small cubes
2 tins of chopped tomatoes (800g ?)
2 tins of beans (800g ?) (Last time I used a tin of mixed and a tin of butter beans)
2 small/med red onions, fine chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
red wine, somewhere between a glass and half a bottle (I didn't use any wine last time and it was still yummy, I think I added about a pint of pork stock, from cubes)
Paprika (see end)

Directions

Soften the onions and garlic in a little oil then add the pork to brown, remove and set aside
In the same pan add the chorizo, when it has browned, crisped up a bit remove from pan then you can deglaze the pan with a small amount of wine (the wine loosens and lets you scrape all the pork and chorizo goodness from the bottom of the pan)
Add the beans, tomatoes, meat and onions back into the pan. If you want to add more wine here do so then bring to the boil quickly and then cover and reduce to a slow simmer for 2-3 hours until the pork is tender.
If stones has been at your house and all your wine is gone just add the stock, cover and simmer for 2-3 hours.
If it all seems a bit too wet in the begining don't worry the beans tend to thicken it up as they break down a bit, You can always uncover and let it reduce down a bit towards the end.
Serve with rice or crusty bread, Ill get a picture next time I make it

The chorizo seems to vary a lot, sometimes it releases loads of paprika spicyness into the stew, last time I made this it didn't so I added extra paprika towards the end, you will just have to try and see what you think. Some chorizo also releases alot of fat which you can just skim of with a spoon.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds yummy...and I like the "red wine, somewhere between a glass and half a bottle"...that gives me LOTS of leeway... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: