Goodbye little appendix...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine out just over 20 years ago - don't think they did laproscopic then! Not a bad scar - doctor cut so that it gets hidden by bikini bottoms...kind of him. Anyway, I spent 5 days in hospital and was back at work within 2 weeks after having the stitches out.

Every now and again, depending on how I've been sitting, sleeping or bending over, etc I get a muscle pain that lasts for a few seconds but then all goes okay again.

It was quite funny looking back, as my Mum thought I just had trapped wind and gave me Andrews salts, but after another couple of hours of me complaining and crying (I was a teen) she called the doc and he came out (I know, unbelievable!). It took him less than 5 minutes of asking questions and making a few light presses on my abdomen (with a BIG scream from me) to tell me what it was. I was bundled up and taken to the hospital and by noon the next day that dratted appendix was a goner! Would have been sooner if an accident hadn't come into A&E.

Stones - hope yours heals up quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: