Christmas 2009!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not getting a goose anymore - i was looking at them this morning, i didn't realise they were so expensive! i could buy 4 or 5 ducks for that price! Shocked

i'm going to do duck again, i did it last year - sprinkled with chinese five spice - champion it was, and i can make pancakes with hoisin sauce, cucumber and spring onion if theres any left over. i'm not really a fan of turkey.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about cornish game hens? We do that some Christmas' and it's always nice.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't sure what a cornish game hen was, but it appears they call them poussins over here, i've seen them before - they're a bit small though, we'd need one each Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck is nice but a little too rich and goose is relatively hard to find in my area. We usually do ham on Christmas and lamb on boxing day. Duck with the five spice sounds good though...might cut the richness a little.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom did end up putting up a tree, but she'll end up having to clean up after a naughty dog I'm sure. Yuck. I'll snap a photo as well. Just need to figure out how to get it from my iphone to the computer. I didn't read the book yet. lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
i wasn't sure what a cornish game hen was, but it appears they call them poussins over here, i've seen them before - they're a bit small though, we'd need one each Laughing

That's the nice thing about it, one each. That's exactly how we do it. Over here they sell them quite often in a two pack. They're affordable, easy to prepare and you get a bird to yourself thumbs
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
My mom did end up putting up a tree, but she'll end up having to clean up after a naughty dog I'm sure. Yuck. I'll snap a photo as well. Just need to figure out how to get it from my iphone to the computer. I didn't read the book yet. lol!

Pirty, not sure what kind of computer you have but I have a Mac and all I do is when I synch the iPhone (using the happy little cable) is iPhoto just takes them off automatically.
Stones

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my tree including a naughty cat!

It looks better when it's dark and you can see the lights!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Pirty, not sure what kind of computer you have but I have a Mac and all I do is when I synch the iPhone (using the happy little cable) is iPhoto just takes them off automatically.

I wonder if I can do the same with my PC? I'm like a man when it comes to instructions. I just jump right in and never actually read them. Also, it has an ipod thingy on it, and I've never had an ipod and wasn't sure if I had to go on itunes and buy the dopey songs on there or if I could upload my own stash. lol!

@stones: Like your tree. I love fresh live trees. I will definitely be putting up live ones when I get my house. I love the smell of them. Kitty cats love the dangly things on the tree! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And presents to boot! You must have been very good this year!! Laughing
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying at bit of last min shopping, they had an excuse yesterday because of the snow but I don't understand why amazon use City Link for next day deliveries, I asked them this but just got an email saying my money would be refunded. So i filled in this little comments form and now feel a little bettter.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, punch them in the cock!

'Take that, you blackguard!'
Stones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky, you are an angry young man.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be having a white Christmas. And I think it will be the first time I've ever seen that here. It was always just one of those fantasy ideals, but now that it's here, it's just bloody cold!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
We'll be having a white Christmas. And I think it will be the first time I've ever seen that here. It was always just one of those fantasy ideals, but now that it's here, it's just bloody cold!

Enjoy your first white Christmas blizzard cold (personally I think they're overrated but then I've had more white Christmases than green ones!).

Wishing everyone on the Couch a very Merry Christmas --- however you are spending it, stay safe, eat lots and be merry ! agift
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: