Robert Newman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Robert Newman Reply with quote

Robert reveals foot agony
chortle.co.uk

Robert Newman has revealed that he has recently undergone a series of operations on his spine, after losing the use of his right foot. The 45-year-old comic has not performed live for about two years, and tonight returned to the stage as part of the Greenwich Comedy Festival in South London.

Officially, he had been away from performing while he was writing a book – but he told an audience of more than 400 people at the Greenwich Theatre that he had undergone the medical procedure. Although he did not elaborate on his condition, the former Mary Whitehouse Experience star did confess that he feared he would never be able to walk properly again.

He said: ‘Last June I lost the use of my right foot. It required operations on my spine and I needed a walking stick for a long time. It’s nice to be back, and it’s very nice to be standing up – it’s very good.’ Newman also confirmed that he had been writing a book, but gave no indication of its content, save to say it wasn’t an autobiography.

--------------------

My money's on him having had gout...

shhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: