Humyo- has anyone noticed the quality drop?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
free2view

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Humyo- has anyone noticed the quality drop? Reply with quote

I know the couch uses humyo for many of its videos. Over the past month or so the quality and the players has drop in both audio and the HD dont work. They has upgraded to MP4/H.264 quality."an improvement" .Crying Is it me or am I the only one to notice the quality drop?
luke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've noticed with some streams recently that the quality doesn't seem as good as i'd come to expect - especially the sound, but i don't know if thats just poor quality recordings to start with.
free2view

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did think of that. But no there is issues still.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the sound quality that's worst for me - I don't even bother streaming stuff that's new any more. The old files still work fine though.

You should complain to them.
free2view

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will as they advertise HD now and yet its crap... AGREED sound is really bad
free2view

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: they are making it better? The quality is better? Reply with quote

I was very happy to see that the HD works again yet it is not HD, JUST HQuality. I am happy lols. test this vid and see what you think.. best qual video I have found on humyo. Do any of you have a 1080 hd vid to add in h.264 or MP4 to see the qual?
would be nice to see if they really stream HD.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is pretty good quality for sure - I just hope it doesn't mean that all the stuff uploaded while the conversion was poor will need to be done again.
free2view

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the original quality is still in our files. I must guess that it is the bit rate of streaming that makes it poor quality. The Humyo player plays bad audio and sub youtube video. I guess its there way of balancing bandwidth.As a paid member I am a little peeded off. Youtube offers more now,,,,hmm hooo. It would be nice to see a stable version in audio/video like Youtube. hd/hq is ok too. But unlike Youtube-H gives more than 10 mins video. So If the gave 720 hd on ther HQ player youtube would just go and wimp im am sure. We will see. My feeling is ok sub player but it looks bad for anyone viewing it for the first time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: