Spurs Fans On The Couch
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Spurs Fans On The Couch Reply with quote

Thought I'd make a dedicated thread for all things Tottenham Hotspur, seeing as there are quite a few fans on here.

Here are some good entertaining links:

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ - Good site to watch live matches.
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Tottenham+Hotspur/All+Sources - Collective news sources.
Colston

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on you Spurs
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/index.php

best place for free footie Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had some problems with the myp2p in the past...not loading and such, and I got a virus on my computer when we downloaded the software, but when it works, it's great. We were also watching on Setanta Broadband, which I gues is iSetanta now. It cost me about $15 a month, but we used it during the season, then I would just cancel it during the off season. Now, ESPN has bought the rights to Setanta's games (here in the states anyway) and they will be showing what Setanta would have, so that is more footie that I don't have to watch on the computer! Yippee!

What do you guys think about the new kits? I am not so sure I will be scanning the sale pages at todareistodo.com at the end of this season to get a new kit. The white one maybe, but certainly not the blue!
reject

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally kinda misread the title... n thought youse were on about Crouch...

sorry for derail.... LFC for de title
lol
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to derail, but

SpursFan1902 wrote:
and I got a virus on my computer when we downloaded the software,

what software was that ?
modern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:

What do you guys think about the new kits? I am not so sure I will be scanning the sale pages at todareistodo.com at the end of this season to get a new kit. The white one maybe, but certainly not the blue!

Try the iraqgoals web I mentioned in first post if you are having trouble with myp2p or if you can't get the game on tv.

As for the new kit - the general consensus on the net is: it's an abomination.

Far too much yellow for me, folks!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother was trying to set me up on the p2p and there is downloading of all sorts at the beginning. He got about half way thru and I got the "blue screen of death". I had to have it professionally worked on to remove whatever it was and restore my system. Luckily, they were able to get all of my pics safely and those now reside on external storage. Can you tell I am not really too computer literate? I am a techno-tard, but I know that I was without my laptop (my main computer) and ended up parting with about $200 to have it fixed. We watch p2p games on my bro's computer...

I like the all yellow 3rd kit, but I don't like the blue with the yellow piping...I am glad that I am not the only one.

@modern - I will mention the iraqgoals to my bro, although with the ESPN move to get all of Setanta's rights, we may not have to watch online...that would be awesome.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded all the clients at one time or another, and have had no problems. I honestly doubt that the malware came from myp2p ...

Just to keep this on track, all the best to the spurs for next season, hope you do the double over Arsenal Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your lips to the football god's ears, Brown Sauce! I hope we do too. Our first 6 matches include Liverpool, ManUre and Chelski...certainly will be uphill!!

I gather we didn't play well against South China. I only saw the scoreline. Not ever sure who the starting 11 were...
modern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Spursfan - I like the yellow away shirt also. Hopefully next season if the contract with Puma is up, we can get a decent make like Umbro. Remember their kits from the early '90's - very cool.

Though I'm not a computer/internet boffin myself, I do recommend Iraqgoals.net. which shouldn't cause your computer any harm. Always has a good selection of matches and also wrestling too...if you're into that.

The press are starting to pick up on the Joe Cole rumours now as well.

It would be a great story for us to read about your great-grandfather's playing career at Tottenham too. How many appearances and goals did he get?

Cheers.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the yellow isn't bad. I may have to get one of those when they go on sale at the end of the season.

Joe Cole - not so psyched about this, but since I have no control...Bent is gone pending the medical. Sunderland payed the 12 mil (I think it was). Hope they don't feel cheated when he gets there.

My great grandfather (John J Jones - AKA "Bristol" Johnny because he came to Spurs from Bristol) played for Spurs from 1902-1904 (at least that is what my tattoo says, so I hope that is right Laughing). He died in 1904 at the age of 28 from pnemonia, after which my great grandmother remarried (my grandfather was a little boy) and moved to the states. I will look up the appearances and goals. There is another John Jones on the team at the same time, so it gets rather confusing, but I will pull out the paperwork we received from Spurs and compile it...
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Yeah, the yellow isn't bad. I may have to get one of those when they go on sale at the end of the season.

Joe Cole - not so psyched about this, but since I have no control...Bent is gone pending the medical. Sunderland payed the 12 mil (I think it was). Hope they don't feel cheated when he gets there.

My great grandfather (John J Jones - AKA "Bristol" Johnny because he came to Spurs from Bristol) played for Spurs from 1902-1904 (at least that is what my tattoo says, so I hope that is right Laughing). He died in 1904 at the age of 28 from pnemonia, after which my great grandmother remarried (my grandfather was a little boy) and moved to the states. I will look up the appearances and goals. There is another John Jones on the team at the same time, so it gets rather confusing, but I will pull out the paperwork we received from Spurs and compile it...

That's ace... me being from Bristol too... just like Gary Mabbutt. thumbs
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here we go, here we go, here we go! About 15 mins before the season, home opener! COYFS!!!! Here's to a great season, boys!!
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff... Champions league your having a laugh.

Superb Spurs stuff sad Scousers... well beat them 2-1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: