Smack The Pony team back together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Smack The Pony team back together Reply with quote

Another Smack?
Team reunite for new project

Smack the Pony stars Doon Mackichan, Sally Phillips and Fiona Allen are to reunite for a new TV comedy. The untitled project – six years after the end of their acclaimed Channel 4 series – is set to have a narrative structure, rather than the sketches which made their names.

Mackichan sad the idea was still in its early days, but would have a similar ‘women being silly’ feel to Smack The Pony. Phillips is writing the first episode, but all the performers have been workshopping new characters. Mackichan told actors’ newspaper The Stage: ‘We are back together and it is brilliant. It will be interesting to see us back on, having been through kids, husbands and life - with all the different experience. We have tried to do it before, but life has taken over and so we have been meeting up over the last few months, formulating and cooking the idea.’

---------------------

I've always thought Doon MacKichan was great - from the first time I saw her in 'Knowing Me, Knoeing You with Alan Partridge' as the singer in the band that appears in one episode - so here's hoping this new stuff will be worth the wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: